Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Switch 180 tips - results video to follow!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
i'm not sure why but i've got it into my head that trying a switch 180 Shocked would be a good thing to do when i go skiing in a weeks time snowHead .

i'm a pretty decent skier and had a little foray into the parks last time i went and can jump forwards fine. wanted to find a little kicker this time and try a switch 180. for some reason i'd feel better trying a switch 180 than trying a standard 180, think it'd be much easier to take off backwards and land forwards than the other way round (although i may find out otherwise!).

what i want is

- a few tips on how best to pull off a switch 180.
- a few things to practice beforehand

My main concerns are:

- how to take off backwards (where to have my wieght for the kicker, anything to watch out for)

- other things to think about like how to best get the 180 in, where your weight moves throughout the jump etc.

any other tips / links to websites would be much appreciated.

As a sweetner, I'm taking a video camera so will post the results of my first attempt as an incentive to give me some tips (or perhaps that's a disincentive!).
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
DrE, hip width stance, body weight forward in boots,you should be looking over one shoulder at the kicker.Dont try and force the turn,let the kicker help you pop,your body should come round to face the same way as your head naturally,extend your legs and spot your landing.
A)Wave to the camera and take the applause Cool
B)Fail miserably and pick yourself up whilst the parkrats point and laugh. Crying or Very sad
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
cheers hedley.

when you say body weight forward in my boots, is forward downhill? ie should i be leaning to the back of my boots as i approach the jump going backwards? or should i be keeping centred but in the front of the boots at all times?

i have a feeling this is going to end in a large puff of snow! and B) parkrats pointing and laughing Embarassed
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

i have a feeling this is going to end in a large puff of snow! and B) parkrats pointing and laughing

Stackie Monster strikes again! This is going to be quality. And even better in slo-mo! Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Damn you 2000overdrive !

Come on people, i need some tips!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
DrE, Have look on u tube plenty on there ,like this is good
http://youtube.com/v/vevPxLx5y7I but like this is very bad
http://youtube.com/v/tmW7xysIUjs Laughing
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
sod it, gonna make this a goal for my trip next week too.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy