Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val Cenis - Lanslevillard or Lanslebourg?

Poster: A snowHead
If anyone has been to Val Cenis can they provide some feedback please?

Of the 2 'villages' Lanslevillard or Lanslebourg is there a preferred choice and if so why?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
lanslevillard, proper village. L'bourg is just a straggle along the road at the foot of the Val Cenis pass.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
i went there mid jan this year and and going back there again tomorrow! i stayed in lanslevillard which i think is the quieter of the 2 villages but is closer to the better skiing. the skiing is pretty good, plenty of variety and more than enough runs to keep you occupied for a week (didnt even ski termignnon but planning on spending half a day or so over there next time).

anything else u want to know, just let me know

JC
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
jc--89, Where did you stay? We're going there first week of April, staying at the Hotel Val Cenis which i think is in Lanslebourg. Hoping the snow stays put til then!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
i stayed in balcons de val cenis village aoartments. snow is looking good at the moment so i think u should be fine Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
jc--89 wrote:
i stayed in balcons de val cenis village apartments. snow is looking good at the moment so i think u should be fine Very Happy

Is that pisteside accomadation.?
I was looking at giving Val Cenis a go for New Yr but want a hotel or apt thats ski /out.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
yes about a 1-2 min walk to the main gondola and you can ski pretty much to your doorstep. nice apartments, would recommend highly.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
jc--89, What were the Balcons de Val Cenis Village apartments like?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Has anyone stayed at Les Alpages à Val-Cenis in Lanslebourg?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

jc--89, What were the Balcons de Val Cenis Village apartments like?

just got back this morning from my second trip to val cenis this year! balcons apartments have very good self catering facilities, virtually ski to door and close to shops and restaurants.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We're staying at Residhotel's Valmont de Cenis apartments in 3 weeks time. I chose this place as it was the cheapest of the half a dozen apartment type accommodations in the 2 villages and on paper it is nearest to skiing and village centre than the rest. It has its own swimming pool, is near a toboganning area, is ski in/out, near to the ice rink. I shall find out soon if the decision was a good one. We have paid €335 for a 6 person apratment 4-11 April which I think is good value.

http://www.residhotel.com/location-ski-val-cenis.html
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
BMF_Skier,

Went to Val Cenis at Half Term and have to say I will deff be going back ! We stayed in Les Balcons Langlevilard which as someone has said is a 2 - 3 minute walk to gondola and you can ski to the back door at the end of the day Smile

Not a massive amount to do in evening but thats not what we went for, Its a lovely village though Smile

As for the skiing it was fab, great snow and some fantastic off piste (which was my first real experience) if you get the change check out the off piste 'Valley' which runs off the Solert run Very Happy Very Happy

I am planning next trip there already
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Sounds promising.
Thanks for all the feedback. Smile
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Peronally prefer Lanslevillard too as it is a nicer village. Les Balcons de Val Cenis Le Haut apartments are otherwise a good alternative. not as knew as Les Balcons de Val Cenis Village and no pool on site (Glieres large resort pool is very close though) but quite a bit cheaper and still well located for skiing see http://www.peakretreats.co.uk/val-cenis/apartments/les-balcons.htm.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
We went to Lanslevillard at New year and stayed at Les Balcons de Val Cenis Village. We got a great apartment - more or less ski to door. Really nice quiet resort, but lack of sunshine on the slopes you ski on at that time of year. Really nice quiet resort, good for kids.
latest report
wildnoon, How did your trip go?
ski holidays
What's lift access like in the area - has anyone found that the distance that you might have to walk from accommodation to first lift has been a pain in the neck?
latest report
Megamum,
The accomodation mentioned inabove posts is all relatively close to lifts & would not be much of a pain ( if at all).
There is accomodation in Lanslebourg that can be a little bit of a trek but not mentioned here.
Cheers
Mitch
snow report
Megamum,
I skied Val Cenis a few years back for a week and called in again this Easter for a couple of days as I was skiing different resorts in the Maurienne valley. There are several different spots which you can uplift from.
There is also car parking immediately opposite the main lift from Lanslevillard which we used.
AFAIK ski school is ESF only but it seemed pretty decent on our previous visit . Didn't use it this time.
There is a great mixture of below the tree line skiing and higher skiing and I enjoyed our trip. It is also reasonably priced.
Personally I would stick with my advice of seeing where the snow is before booking in low season, but if the snow is decent it's a great area,you can ven take a day out and drive to Orelle to see Val Thorens again if you want at reasonble price.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy