Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

First snow hol and skibikes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All, Well this is going to be myself and my familys first ski/snow holiday Shocked , none of us can ski or board YET!!!. I am definatly going to learn snowboarding while my wife and son want to learn skiing. We are at the moment looking at Les Arcs ( although we are open to suggestions) for this first holiday. What I'm looking for from you guys are ideas, suggestions etc about the resorts, is Les Arcs good or do you know better!!!!. We have tried Snowbikes before and found them great fun, does anybody know the resorts that they are allowed on, we have heard some reports that you can use them on the piste's but are not allowed them on the lifts at some resorts, Any info would be much appreciated. Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hello, blade918. The ski school in St Anton uses some sort of bike thing on the pistes, but whether that means anyone can, I don't know. I don't remember seeing them anywhere else recently (I used one in Brand in 1971, briefly). I can't see them being too popular in busy chairs or bubbles, but at quiet times, maybe.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
blade918, Welcome to Snowheads.

I've never seen snowbikes on the pistes anywhere, but that doesn't mean they are never allowed.

For a first trip, you would probably be better off choosing a smaller resort. The best known large resorts (of which Les Arcs is one) tend to be significantly more expensive, and you won't see much of the benefits of that in your first week. Keep the mega resorts for when you are competent enough to explore most of the area.

But wherever you choose, try to get opinions about the ski schools (people on here will have experience of many of these), because it will make a big difference if you have good tuition in English.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Saw a few skibikes in Zermatt a couple of weeks ago. Not a good resort for beginners though.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cheers for the replys folks, looks as if we'll have to stick with messing about off piste with the bikes if we can get them, going by what you's have said and what I can find out.
The 6 day training packages you get for boards and the ski's, do you get the use of the boards for the full 6 days or are you just allowed the boards etc while your under instruction.
The main reason we decided on Les Arcs was that we are going for 2 weeks and there seems to be plenty to do on and off the slopes ( would love to try the bobsleigh run at La Plagne) Shocked

any more idea's greatfully accepted

regards blade
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ski or board hire is always for the whole time. But are usually a separate thing to the ski school - although some Tour operators do combined "packages" for a lower price than each element separately, which I suspect is what you are talking about here.

If you arrive reasonably early on the Saturday, you will pick up the equipment from the hire shop then, otherwise on the Sunday morning, and you will be expected to hand it back when the lifts close on the Friday. Some hire shops have storage facilities where you can leave the equipment overnight, otherwise you will usually leave it in the hotel ski room overnight.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cheers Alex, decisions,decisions. Just incase anybody is interested they rent skibikes at La Rosiere (intersport) which can be used on the slopes, so I quess it's La Rosiere for us then. Apparently their illegal in Italy!!!!!. again folks thanks for the advice. Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy