Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes Ski School

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone been to Tignes and done ski school if so who did you use and what were their costs? I am having trouble finding a place that does group lessons for an intermideate.

Thanks
Matt
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Matt_G, send a PM to Stewart Woodward. He works for ESF in Tignes Le Lac so you'll get good advice from him.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Have been speaking to Stewart and he has been helpful.

Does anyone know if there is like an offical ski school groups in tignes?
cause like in kitzbhuel, bulgaria, lermoos, they have instruters that
all wear the same ski clothing. To book them you just went to like an
office in the villge? Is there anything like that over there?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Matt_G, yes. The ESF is a big operation in Tignes (and pretty much everywhere else in France) and are very distinctive in their red uniforms. There are other ski schools in Tignes as well, all 'official'.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Matt_G, We used Snocool extensively during the half term week this year.

We block booked one guy all day every day for the adults in our group and one guy mornings only for the nippers.

The bloke we had taught the whole range of us; from early intermediates through to acting as a guide (he is a fully qualified mountain guide too). He even did an afternoon trying to teach our boarders how to freestyle.

I'd happily recommend him, he's called Marco.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Marc, you got any contact details for them?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Matt_G wrote:
Have been speaking to Stewart and he has been helpful.

Does anyone know if there is like an offical ski school groups in tignes?
cause like in kitzbhuel, bulgaria, lermoos, they have instruters that
all wear the same ski clothing. To book them you just went to like an
office in the villge? Is there anything like that over there?

Stewart works for the ESF which (I think) is what you are looking for
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Wayne, yeah looking on ESF website these are the people I am after.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Try this wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Matt_G wrote:
Wayne, yeah looking on ESF website these are the people I am after.

Nah..book anyone other than ESF is the general 'rule'

Sorry not triyng to be facetious but I learned more in a 3 hour session with The Development Centre than a week with ESF...
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Bertie did you just do a 3hour session with the development centre and that was it? what was your standard of skiing when you had the lesson?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The ESF like all ski schools is made up of various teachers, if you get a good one then it does not matter which uniform they wear.
I know Stewart. I have skied with him just for a blast and on courses. I have seen him teaching and he will always give a good lesson to anyone, of any standard.
I'm not on commission from the ESF (I have never used them or worked for them), it's just I feel that you should not dis someone just as they choose to work for a particular school.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
[quote="bertie bassett"]

Quote:
Nah..book anyone other than ESF is the general 'rule'

Why Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled

Quote:
Sorry not triyng to be facetious but I learned more in a 3 hour session with The Development Centre than a week with ESF...

Cost of 5 x 3hrs ESF = €130 Cost 3 hrs private TDC €210 Therefore €80 more. Some may think you should learn more wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Private lessons all booked up thanks to Stewart Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy