Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Resort Report Kaprun Zell am See

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Kaprun – Zell am Zee

What started off as a lads weekend away with my Dad and two brothers grew to my mum, my sister her boyfriend and my brother’s girlfriend. Now there was 8 of us departing Friday 27th Feb at lunchtime and getting home late Tuesday 3rd March.

We flew from Stansted with Ryanair and had no dramas we paid £32 each return for our flights. We then nominated 2 people to have airport check in and they also carried the skis and the two pieces of hold luggage we had. I would say all in with the four sets of skis and luggage each person’s flights came to around £55 return.

We had intended on getting the train from airport to resort but on arrival at Salzburg decided that as there were 8 of us it would work out cheaper to get a cab. A bit of haggling saw us get the driver down to €130. We booked the same guy for the return.

4 of us stayed here http://www.holiday-rentals.co.uk/p405883 it was a great little place, good value and Ben the owner was very helpful as were the folks that manage the apartment for him Trish and Steve form www.hauspatricia.co.uk.

The other 4 stayed at house Dora which was a basic pension house but everyone agreed they would be more than happy to return there.

Weather wise 3 out of the 4 days were great and first day was pretty much perfect as we were knee high in powder and had clear skies, but there was an avalanche and unfortunately some poor chap got caught up in it. I saw the rescue in operation and presumed that the guy was brown bread but was relieved to hear later on from the taxi driver (we missed the last ski bus back from Kitzstienhorn) that they found the chap alive.

Not sure how many times people get caught in avalanches and then get rescued safely, we only seem to hear about the deaths on snowheads?

On Mountain Costs

I believe the ski pass was €140 for 4 days but can’t remember

Spag Bol at the top of Zell am See was just over €10, I also paid €3.90 for a coke which came as a bit of a shock, but we also found other places where the prices were a bit more reasonable.

Beers in the village at Pavillon which seemed to be the only decent apres bar in Kaprun were a perfectly reasonable €3.50 for .5l which is cheaper than what I pay in town so no complaints there.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Trish and Steve at House Patricia are very helpful , I know them and they really offer a good value B/B , plus Steve is able to instruct as well. Its really nice Razz
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
i stayed in one of the apartments managed by trish and steve. charming couple. was in kaprun last week and had a great time. got engaged on the slopes in zell too
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy