Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski writer enjoys luxury breakfast, 3-hour lunch and 30 minutes of skiing ... followed by shopping

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This has to be the ultimate 'lunch-priority' ski article ...

An Unusual Day In St. Moritz, by Bob Enzel

... culminating in blind panic on a Swiss railway platform:

Quote:
We sprinted to the station where our ski equipment hapharzardly lay in a flat-bed truck. No time to sort skis and boots by owner, so we grabbed all of them and literally chucked them onto the train through any open doorway.

Quote:
No one was unhappy with the day. Not even hard-core skiers.

Quality!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've only been there twice. Once in 1980 to ski and once about ten years later in late spring while doing a bit of a drive on those nice windy roads. It's one of those places where you feel more like just hangin' out than doing anything too active. All them fur coats and small dogs do yer head in.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's true. When you see a dog ordering from the a la carte menu, you know you're in St Moritz.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
David Goldsmith, When I read the title I thought you had been to stayed overnight in Milton Keynes Holiday Inn wink
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Boredsurfing, I thought it was one of your trip reports wink
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Spyderman, Laughing Laughing Similar.........
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
David Goldsmith wrote:
Quote:
No one was unhappy with the day. Not even hard-core skiers.

Sorry, I cannot and will not accept that "hard-core skiers" would enjoy a day like that - sounds like a nightmare to me! Shocked
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It may have been a mis-type for 'lard-core skiers'
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I love a good shop and a long lunch - but that day sounds rubbish.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
"the concept of a new, model safety program "Chillout Riding" that puts the fun back into skiing"

???????!!!!

To each their own I suppose.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Chillout Riding:

http://www.engadin.stmoritz.ch/winter/en/region/aktivitaeten/id.7190/ls.ski/

The word "safety" isn't actually mentioned in that description, so I don't know where Bob got that from.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I don't think it's a bad idea at all actually, there's a lot to be said for promoting the idea that speed isn't everything. It was the "puts the fun back into skiing" bit that I thought was weird. If it's not fun, why bother?

Reminds me of my most loathed expression ever - "After a hard day on the slopes"

ha! I'm cranky this morning Laughing
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Boredsurfing wrote:
David Goldsmith, When I read the title I thought you had been to stayed overnight in Milton Keynes Holiday Inn wink

Spyderman wrote:
Boredsurfing, I thought it was one of your trip reports wink

Boredsurfing wrote:
Spyderman, Laughing Laughing Similar.........
But with more skiing wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Chillout Riding:

Being sold lessons on a nice bit of 'special piste' and subjected to sales flannel for Palmer skis.

Wouldn't chill me out!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy