Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Recommend me a good winter Camelbak please.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have a couple for mountain biking but one is to small to carry much at all in the way of sandwiches and a drink and the other is to big and got caught on the chair lift a few times.
Any help appreciated Smile
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I saw jacket with build in bladders but forgot brand name.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have this one http://www.cmmonline.co.uk/items/default.asp?id=764000 works great for Skiing and mountain biking, though it's a bit muddy after a ride last weekend. It can fit spare hat, goggles, base layer, camera etc and is really comfortable to wear.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
fragy, there was another thread on this very topic not so long ago. Here is a Link. I'd recommend mine but you canny get them easily and I bought it years ago so probably not available anymore anyway. Oh, and it's not big enough to get avvy gear in so I'm going to have to replace it anyway since Italy made it mandatory to have gear with you if you go off piste and since I went to the Dolomites for the snowHead 5th BB, I want to ski there a LOT more Toofy Grin
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Oh, and another thing. Make sure you get a neoprene sock for the tube that's exposed to save freezing issues. Of course, you can always use the blow-back method. You'll have to do that anyway inextremely cold conditions, even with the sock, but for the most part the sock reduces having to do that..
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
fragy, look at this here cycle site- http://www.merlincycles.co.uk/?fn=search&terms=camelbak&categoryId=&brandId=

They have got a cracking range of Camelbaks including winter ones and ladies specific winter ones (if appropriate!) and the service is really good-next day delivery a lot of the time. Also consider the winter bite piece cover which as well as the insulated tubing mentioned above that is standard usually on the winter packs they do, the winter bite piece cover covers the bite piece entirely keeping it clean, it's like a big lid that goes over the top and also stops the bite piece from freezing even though you don't blow the water back in which is handy (assuming it's not extremely cold obviously). Also means you don't have to bother to zip it away in one of the rucksack straps like a lot of the winter packs have because it won't fit anyway!

An alternative would be to buy a Camelbak Stowaway which is fully insulated (tube and bladder) and also has the winter bite piece cover on it, and with those you put it in a rucksack you've already got or buy a rucksack separately. Depends if you want one to fit avalanche equipment in as well really.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I use a BCA, the tube is kept in a zipped compartment in the rucksack strap, which is neat and delays freezing. Its also about the smallest bag you can store all your avi gear in.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy