Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Twitter fans follow death of snowBoarder 'live'

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
johnnyh, ignore the old fuddy-duddies, you just carry on with your posting! It must have been awful to have been following this.

Condolences to friends and family Sad
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
News items with tributes to Rob Williams - the snowboarder who died:

The Herts Advertiser
Quote:
Plumber Peter Williams of Wynchlands Crescent, St Albans, described his son Rob as "twice the son you could ever hope for".

Sky News
Quote:
"Rob had a real zest for life and accomplished so much in his short time in this world," the company said.

He was a colleague and leader with "unflappable capability", the statement [of Rob Williams' company Dolphin Music] added.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
People getting upset with each other on a forum is not confined to Snowheads (though I am guessing that no-one is assuming this),

http://www.14ers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=17737

This post is from a couple of weeks ago. A 20 year old who (in my and many others opinion) is a "car crash waiting to happen" posted on this American snowsports forum and came in for a whole load of grief.

On the subject of how disorientating a white out is - I am in the habit of ski randonee training at night on our local pistes around Morzine. I arrived at the summit of the Pleney telecabine a few nights ago in fog. It's dark and I have a bright headtorch (a blackout not a whiteout?). I have been there 100's if not over a 1000 times in the summer and winter. It took me approximately 1 minute after leaving the lights of the restaurant to completely loose my sense of direction and end up on the wrong side of the mountain to make my decent. I have been disorientated by a white out loads of times but this really took me by surprise - this spot is like my front yard! I know it back to front. The thing is - if you can't see - you can't see the cliff to avoid.

That reminds me of another one like that. I used to be a Copper. Quite early on in my Police driving course I was driving along in my Astra 1.4L and suddenly the instructor held his clip board in front of my face (so I could not see the road ahead), I did think this was a strange thing to do but decided he must know what he was doing - so I carried on driving. He yelled at me something along the lines of "what the f*** do you think you are doing?", I did feel like responding to him in the same vain but all I managed was silence. I was fairly confused. He then yelled "Stop!". I did and he followed this up with "if you can't f***ing see anything then f***ing stop!" I lesson well taught, covered by davidof's, point iv.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy