Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Mojo - 6 day field test

Poster: A snowHead
Please read this thread before this report.

Thank you

The Product: The Ski Mojo

Reasons for purchase: Fairly advanced arthritis in both knees and right hip, unfitness, excessive body weight, a desire to ski better and with less pain during and after.

Ordering: Very straightforward, arrived the next day via courier

Cost: £269.00

Assembly: it is a bit of a faff about, but quite within the capabilities of someone with half a brain cell. There are 2 bits of engineering to be done; one is to affix a round stud to each boot. I was lucky in that I could use one of the power strap bolt holes to affix the stud. I may consider moving the strap down 2 centimeters to assist the connecting of the rods in the morning and to help preserve the strap. The 2nd bit of work is the cutting of 2 carbon fibre rods to the required length. Not difficult, but I feel I need to take a bit more off both after my trial periodas when sitting on a bus it would dif into the back of my knee

On delivery I noticed some moulding ridges that I sanded down to a smooth finish. I was glad I did this as I am sure it would have become a problem. During assembly one of the on/off red button ends broke. Not a big problem as an e-mail saw a pack of 6 arrive within 48 hrs. I think they would still have worked and NO subsequent problems have been noted.

Fitting each morning: It was luckily cold and I wore some silky thermals. this helped with comfort. The Mojo was the last thing to go on. I would put my feet into my ski trousers, strap the Mojo to each calf, clip on the bum strap, stand and pull ski pants up and fasten them. Tight pants would be no good, but my current standard trousers were fine. It was then down to the boot room and on with the boots. The trousers are then pulled up to the knee and the rods inserted into a slot behing the Mojo calf strap and then clipped to the stud on the back of each boot. . Due to my stiff hip, it was easier if I had help with this, but I could do it on my own....and that was it. Making sure the switches were off, roll the tropusers down, and ready for action we headed for the slopes on the bus.

Practical use: The on/off switches are really easy to use and involve a simple sliding of the switches. This can easily be done through the trouser material, there is no need to drop ones trollies Madeye-Smiley . this was much easier than I had anticipated.

Skiing the only time I was aware of the Mojo whilst skiing was when I had them turned off, it was then I realised how good it was. For someone with my issues the Mojo was absolutely brilliant. It helped me bend further at ankle and knee, I had far less pain, the legs lasted far longer, I skied much better, was in far less pain at the end of the day...... in short; I will hope to never ski without it again. I often struggle standing when getting off a chairlift. it got to the stage that I was so confident in the usage that I would turn on the Mojo before arrival at the off ramp and the Mojo would help me stand up from ther chair. In short I often forgot I was wearing it.

Summary: I have fallen in love with this product. It has surpassed every hope I had. I had a couple of cracking falls and felt the Mojo protected me rather than increased the chance of injury. If it was stolen and the replacement was £500 I would buy it again.

If you have any questions then please ask away.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Frosty the Snowman, That's fantastic, if it works for you and inceases your enjoyment of skiing then what could be better? I know that others have been scathing of the idea in other threads but maybe they fail to appreciate what it is like to live with a sporting injury or degenerative condition. When we see somebody who is a wheelchair user on their ski rig we look on in admiration, I see the Mojo as just a far less extreme example of an aid for those who aren't prepared to let their sport be taken from them.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Frosty the Snowman, Excellent report. Sounds like it does what it says on the tin. If I'm still over 110Kg next season I'll definitely consider one.

Any plans for a motorised one to help with the walk up to the ski lift? Madeye-Smiley

(Us lazy lardy gits need all the help we can get) snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Frosty the Snowman, Impressed .. was it really good for the knees ? but then my (biggest) issue is that they flop around a bit rather than sieze up. Views ? .. but then again at that price ... worth a try
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yeah, baby! Smile

Sounds good. Glad it worked out for you.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I am no longer Mojo-sceptic
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Great review, interesting read. Perhaps I was too quick to write off the Mojo!

Did it not involve a personal fitting service?

Mrs P has weak knees, I may look in to this some more. Thanks Frosty.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Was wondering when you would report. From your experiences of them, and for you, it gave you range of motion that you don't normally have. midgetbiker, makes a salient point too - hang on to what you have got.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You can buy a lot of salads for £269.00 wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Frosty the Snowman, I'm really glad the system worked out for you. I bet your report will cause many of the previous skeptics to re-think things. I wonder if we need to get Admin to update your user ID? Is the skiing world ready for Frosty, the bionic, Snowman?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks for the kind words folks.

A bit more background. My left knee bends to about 110 degrees. The pain of doing squats to 90 is quite bad. The Mojo therefore helps me attain a much better and more active position when skiing.

Answers to questions so far:

parlor, No personal fitting required. The product is very adjustable. There is a red version for lightweights and a yellow for porkers. If she hobbles after skiing then consider one.

MarjMJ, YES!, the assistance helps me bend much more at knee and ankle

Boredsurfing, one can take them off and they make a very effective weapon for hitting cheeky feckers with wink

Megamum, the price should be $6,000,000
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Frosty the Snowman, Oh My .. so now he's Steve Austin.. .. Il Snowmanio del Porco-Pieio Rosierio ...... We can not rebuild him but we can fill him up ... for $6m. Shocked wink
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Frosty the Snowman, As the original (somewhat skeptical) poster on the other thread, I'm pleased to hear you had such a good experience with them. Smile

Quote " There is a red version for lightweights and a yellow for porkers."

Would it be too rude to ask which version you got? Toofy Grin
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Alastair Pink, no, but it would be pointless Very Happy

Agenterre, Well I do ski in slow motion compared to you Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Did security make you put it on the hold or will it go in the cabin, or do you have to wear it on board. Will ryan air charge extra for it, is it counted as part of your baggage allowance as it's, ahem, a medical aid? and finally does it match your helmet Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman,

And now the 50,000 dollar question, does it make you better in bed?
snow report
Boredsurfing,
Packed with skis
Yes Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Yes Toofy Grin

It does make you better in bed then?
latest report
Better?....Don't know....but I can last all day now.
snow report
Just to add we have friends, and their son was diagnosed with a massive brain tumor 4 years ago. 12 hours plus of surgery plus loads more ops since, and he is now well again thank God. His illness left him with severe weakness in one side, facial palsy and lack of coordination and balance, some sight and hearing loss and also extreme lack of self confidence.
As his parents often visit us in Austria he came along, and my 2 sons spent the week teaching him how to snowboard .He managed basics and was pleased with his progress. After visiting Ski and Snowboard show he bought his "Mojo bionic legs " and came back for another holiday. They were just superb for him, and gave him the stability and confidence to board , joining in with our big group, many of whom did not know about his background were astounded at his progress.
Now my dad is coming out to visit he skied for 45 years and is now 76. He has had a knee problem and this really restricts his skiing now, so he only goes on odd days for short periods, I am hoping to convince him to try them out - I will show him your review thanks for the post. Razz
snow report
Can they be rented in any resorts? Or are they too custom?
snow report
vetski, I can't see them being rented as the rods are cut to length.
latest report
Frosty the Snowman, It's great to read they helped, I was very skeptical when I read about them, but it sounds like they have found a gap in the market and created a product that works!

Well done for trying them and reporting back...

cheers,

greg
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
vetski, I can't see them being rented as the rods are cut to length.

I read (on their site) that they will supply additional rods for the cases where you might change your boots. If so I would have thought it would be in their interests to make a pack of rods of varying lengths available to hire shops so that punters could give the system a try.

I would certainly be interested.

Maybe someone should suggest the idea to them.
ski holidays
am glad to see other people are not being so cynical - its a totally British product as well which is good. i skiied in wengen a couple of weeks ago and could not believe so many people out there are all wearing one... i quite liked the fact people used to stop me to ask about it before but nobody batted an eyelid out there....
latest report
just read another post - they operate a buy to try system - if you dont like it you can have your money back - think its on the site - friend of mine in America was highly sceptical and did this. she liked it and kept it too.
snow conditions
Axsman, Or maybe a rod that adjusts using a turn and twist system like some walking poles do?
snow report
Megamum, Could work too. snowHead IMHO they shoudl get these things into the hire shops so we can give 'em a try (without having to order one on keep or return).

If they did I'd definitely give it a go.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Am not so sure now so am doing a 5 day test on moday wink Laughing
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, Laughing Laughing

Really glad it worked for you, thanks for posting such a useful review, I am ordering it for the OH now!
snow report
Well a long time since the 5 day test was over. I forgot my silky long johns and so wore the Mojo next to the flesh. It was fine, but slightlyt more comfy with undergarments. Practice made for better and quicker fitting in the morning.

The skiing was very tough all week with constant snow on most days. Added to this was the poor viz that plagued us all week. We were all willing the sun to come out so we could rip it up just once in a while. The warmish tempos meant that once 11am had past it became very lumpy out there as snow mounded on the piste. We had 2 fantastic powder mornings where were hammered the quite radstadt pistes picking fresh lines on piste all morning - quite special. I had one run when the sun came out and I had 10 metres at the side that was untouched and about 15 inches deep snowHead

We were a bunch of middle aged cripples with 1 decent knee between the 5 of us. Diclofenics being popped like smarties. We were all goosed by the constant up and down, and the sudden bumps and drops, all VERY hard work. The Mojo was a great help as two day would have seen the knees wrecked. I lasted the 5 days but only just. Weight loss and leg strength must now be used in conjunction with the Mojo. Now the 1st thing in by suitcase as it is so important.
latest report
Frosty the Snowman, would you say that 'undergarments' are a necessity? I can't imagine it would be very comfortable without.
latest report
Surfsuperstar, I did 5 days without and it wasn't as bad as I had envisaged....but better with Cool
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, Will you be bringing it to Hemel?
snow conditions
Frosty the Snowman, I've just caught up with this thread. Great news, mate Toofy Grin
I'm really looking forward to getting a whole week with you at next year's EoSB now Madeye-Smiley Toofy Grin
latest report
Something similar, giddy up .....

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_3321023.html
snow report
I tried a set out at the ski test and would agree with Frosty the Snowman, as to suitability and how it can revitalise someone's skiing, with one caveat. When my legs were on-song I wasn't so keen on the way it gently pushes your legs down - I wanted to have all the control over the pressure.
Once you relax into the way the Mojo helps you out, it really does take some of the effort out. I had a go in powder too but wasn't enthused; the 'rebound' pressure is more noticeable in soft conditions and those little adjustments we self-terrified wannabe freeriders make to avoid stuff off piste are over damped by the Mojo. But then it's not really meant to help you prat around in those conditions.
So - bionic legs to make you do things you couldn't do before? Probably not. Bionic legs to keep you going for days, if not weeks, once certain bits of you seem a bit flawed? For sure. I'll recommend them happily for that.
ski holidays
DB, Jezz... the pony girl set are just gonna lap those up Twisted Evil
snow report
DB, lol Well I am sure they will be a big hit this summer, I can see myself going out for a nice gallop Very Happy
latest report
Frosty the Snowman, very happy to hear that it works well for you. I look forward to seeing it in action at EoSB '10 if not Hemel!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy