Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

looking for advice on solo ski trip - anytime from april 1st-21st

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi,
i'm looking to go on a solo ski trip hopefully in region of £550 for accomodation, flights, transfers, hire.
any advice on resorts which look likely to have decent snow in april?
any further costs which i need to factor in?

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 19-04-09 23:43; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
morningtoncrescent, Welcome to snowHead
Why not consider the EoSB in Val Thorens?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
BMF_Skier wrote:
morningtoncrescent, Welcome to snowHead
Why not consider the EoSB in Val Thorens?

Second.

Show the boys how a girl can ski too! Smile
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
unfortunately i have to be back in the UK by the 20th/21st.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
UCPA? There have been positive reports by single skiers about UCPA trips. I'm thinking of doing the Freeride off-piste week in Argentiere at the start of April.

http://www.action-outdoors.co.uk/default.aspx
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Have a look at this...

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=68250766096

I noticed it on snowheads and have joined up only 265 for transport, apartment and lift pass.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
morningtoncrescent,

Two companies that offer "single" share options are YSE (Only operate in Val D'Isere) and Mark Warner. You book as a single, no single supplement and take the chance you may have to share a room with another single sharer. Both of these TOs are very good.

MW also offer ski hosting so you will always have people to ski with.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
thanks for the suggestions.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Sun 19-04-09 23:43; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
morningtoncrescent,

The snow in Tignes in April will still be great. Tignes Le Lac and Val Claret are two of the highest resorts at 2100 metres above sea level, Tignes Les Brevieres is about 1350 metres. I don't know where the UCPA is in Tignes.

The Espace Killy lift pass is about £200 for 6 days. Food and drinks outside of your accommodation is expensive so take advantage of any UCPA facilities they may offer eg packed lunches etc. so it may be an idea to take a back pack and drink system with you.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hey, this might be an option if you are interested ...
An perfectly happy riding with competent skiers and the trip should be an absolutely blast!
Plus I am a good cook ...

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=51160
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
morningtoncrescent, Someone started this thread recently the links in it may be of interest to you

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=50841#1203451
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
morningtoncrescent,

hey, have you found a holiday yet? Im looking for a ski buddy Im female 23 and an advanced skier. i dont mind where i go i did tignes last year. But dont mind going again.

Please pm asap.
brandy

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Thu 2-04-09 12:58; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
BrandyBrandy, It isn't generally a good idea to post your email address in an open forum. Ask other posters to PM (Private Message) you if they want to get in touch, and you can then exchange emails by PM.

It would be sensible to edit your post now to remove your email address.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just got back from UCPA Argentiere. Great fun, full report to follow!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
morningtoncrescent,
Did you manage to book the Tignesfest week? If so, hope to see you there!
Sare
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy