Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ladies Ski Recommendations <£240

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, we've been struggling to find some skis for my wife and so am throwing it open to everyone to try to get some help!

Looking for a ski that is suited to a beginner/intermediate (only 2 weeks skiing so far).
Budget of up to £240 (though less is preferred as I want some skis too)
Height 5'10" / 175cm Weight 180lb
Preference for a shorter ski due to her ankle having a natural tendancy to turn inward slightly when flexing - and hence easier to cross skis at front. Looking at anywhere from 157cm to 163cm

Options looked at include K2 First Luv (£170, too basic?); Head Fine One, Dynastar Exclusive Sensation etc et.

Finally, a bonus would be that they would go with a pale gold colour ski boot... wink

help and comment very much appreciated.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

her ankle having a natural tendancy to turn inward slightly when flexing

does she have personal footbeds?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pam w wrote:
Quote:

her ankle having a natural tendancy to turn inward slightly when flexing

does she have personal footbeds?

Has footbeds to stop arch collapsing and does fix most of the problem. Think of reason for having shorter skis as 40% ankle turning and 60% confidence boosting having not had footbeds previously.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
My girlfriend has K2 misscounduct's and loves them. They're pretty good value too.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
DazUltra, there are quite a few beginner/intermediate ladies skis in the sale in Decthlon at the moment, all for less than £240, one that comes to mind is Salomon Topaz, think it was about 200 maybe even less, can't remember exactly.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
DazUltra,

my wife recently picked up a pair of these Salamon Rush 6's at £176 including binding mount and delivery:
http://www.skiplusonline.co.uk/category/130/Salomon_SALE_Skis

We have just come back from a weeks ski-ing and my wife found these to be really nice piste ski's - my wife is a cautious intermediate (blue runs and the odd gentler red) and she found these easy to get on with. I think this ski has some 'growing room' also so would be fine as your wife improves with practise. These are also not a heavy ski which again helps with ease of manouverability for 'skiddy' turns.

Skiplus were great to deal with and delivery was next day.

Also, they would be great with pale gold boots rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I bought some Line Celebrity's off Ebay for £85 (they are £300 new) ...They are 06/07 season graphics, but brand new! Binding-less obviously! Probably not what your wife would go for just yet...

Anyway, I spent a lot of time looking on Ebay and these suddenly appeared! I'm not sure what kind of a ski you are after but there are loads of skis (new and old) on Ebay and some amazing bargains!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy