Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Package or separate? When to book? (Soldeu 2010)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi. Can't find an answer to this by searching so I'm hoping someone can advise (or post a link to the best threads):

We want to go to Soldeu Andorra in the peak half term week 2010. 3 adults. Probably self catering because the mini-markets aren't too expensive, and it seems to save a lot.
The package prices are frightening, not helped much by the exchange rates I guess. Shocked

Can I save much by booking separately? (Flights + transfer/hire-car + accommodation + equipment hire + pass + lessons)?
And if I go for a package, is there a good time to book, or do prices rise steadily until the few days before?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You should be able to save with DIY. I'd book the flights now if poss; they'll only get more expensive. Accom can wait a bit, few places will be booking yet, but you can always ask. Transfers don't seem to change in price. Car hire; look around for deal. Probably worth booking lessons for that week esp if you want privates. Just buy the passes when you're there. You can usually book kit on line, maybe with a 'discount'.
You might be lucky and get a TO late deal that week, but it's a long shot.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
For some people, working things out DIY does save money, but there's a lot to sort out. With three of you there may be a saving. For one or two people it often doesn't work due to the high price of transfers/car hire. Also some people, like me, prefer the idea of paying one bill and having everything sorted for them...

Half term week is one of the busiest so I would think the best option would be to book early but then you would miss out on any potential last minute savings. Also I don't remember there being many self catering apartments in Soldeu, it seemed more hotel-based, in which case there is less likely to be availability later on...

Good luck...
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the ideas. There weren't any last minute bargains that I saw this year, so I'm not going for that. Just have to wait for the airlines to offer February dates!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
bh, Lufthansa flights for half term are on sale now (not very handy for Soldeu, I realise, but other carriers may also be selling now). 'A lot to sort out' is in the eye of the sorter; it's just flights, transfer and accomodation, and insurance if you don't already have it. Car hire or taxi transfer for a small party can be pricey, but shuttles are usually priced per head.
I'd be very surprised if you don't make a big saving over TO brochure prices at half term, because accomodation and transfers don't put their prices up especially for half term (in general); you just pay high season rates. Getting cheap flights is the trick, so early booking of those is esential.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy