Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to go very late season?

Poster: A snowHead
I've already had a few weeks skiing this season but am not yet prepared to say I'm done and put my skis away until next year!Toofy Grin

Trouble is I can only get off work week commencing 2 May 2009 or if I ask really nicely maybe the week before.Sad

Question is what resorts (if any!) are open this late? Anyone been anywhere nice this time of year before??

Any advice appreciated!

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 1-03-09 0:28; edited 4 times in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person

http://youtube.com/v/Lm-XEZCEbo4 Smile
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
http://www.mountainsunltd.com/special_offers/view/tignes---spring-short-breaks
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hintertux Austria Maybe. Its open all year as it has a Glacier.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
if you fancy a bit of ski mountaineering up a 4000m+ mountain it could be the time of year to go.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Les Deux Alpes - check out Easiski's website

otherwise - Arapahoe basin
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Farry,

Come to Tignes. We close 12th May. Normally great conditions Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I skied the Stubai glacier in May last year, still loads open.

Edit: near Innsbruck btw!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
There's a few options, basically anywhere with a glacier (that's open at that time of year, check the websites) is a safe bet. I've skied the Tignes glacier a number of times (which has always been great), Kaprun in late April last year (which was superb) and will be in Hintertux in July/August this year - all offer good options for the time of year.

moffatross, my little boy loves that video (as do I), nice one Very Happy We were actually at Cairngorm that very day, in fact for the whole May Day weekend and had an absolute blast - good to see we weren't the only ones having great fun with the kids, hoping to do it again this year snowHead

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Sun 1-03-09 15:05; edited 2 times in total
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Farry, Les Deux Alpes will be closed Sad

Taken from website:

Winter season 2008-2009 : from November 29th to April 25th 2009

Summer 2009 : From June 13th to August 29th 2009
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I think your choices will be Tignes, Tignes, Tignes or Tignes. There again Tignes is very good.

The year of the first EOSB Bev and I skied all the way from the top of the glacier to our car parked at Val Claret on the 2nd May. 2M was good all the way.

snowHead
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Chamonix doesn't close till 9th May, and the closing party is always great (though I imagine this is true anywhere). I love it then, because it's like summer in the valley, we usually go mountain biking in the afternoons. Also a great time spot of light ski touring. Having said that if you just want max. skiing time I'd go for Tignes, I've been in May before and had great snow.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
If you plan to go to the US A-basin in Colorado stays open until late June. I did an amazing trip there the last week of May last year. Also Mt. Hood in Oregon stays open through the summer and has good snow in May.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Weather wise anything can happen between now and then. I'd make a shortlist of all the glaciers and make a final decision nearer the time. I wouldn't of thought flights and accomodation would of been a problem at that time of year.

http://www.tourmycountry.com/austria/summerskiingalps.htm

Kitzsteinhorn has ca 4m of snow at the moment
http://www.bergfex.at/oesterreich/schneewerte/?sort=Berg,DESC
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Defo Tignes, we've got enough snow in the village to last until June, and its set to dump this week!

www.skinewgen.com/tignes Little Angel
snow report
Well, managed to get the time off over Easter instead and just about to book St Anton - can't wait!!
snow conditions
Farry, Laughing better, 100 times better than tigness in the slush!
latest report
Farry, If open, I would go to either Zermatt or Stubai. Stubai has a great hotel at the bottom of the lift (1700m) and there should be plenty open if they are still. Zermatt is the only place left open all the year round. This year there's lots of snow (and it's snowing again now), so there should be plenty of lower skiing still available. La Grave might still be open too - it's often open till the 2nd weekend of May. Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy