Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Vallandry - L'Oree des Cimes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Staying there in a couple of weeks and trying to work out where to hire skis. There appears to be a shop in the building (or is it a complex?) itself but there are good discounts at several other places clustered around the bottom of a lift down the road so does anyone know if hiring from one of those will be inconvenient enough to not be worth the £30 saving? Puzzled
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Swiss Toby, The ski hire shop in L'Oree des Cimes always looks as if it has decent equipment. I found a website the other day where you could reserve them there online
http://www.skiset.co.uk/

The next closest on to you would be Sport 2000, on the road up to the Vanoise Express. They always offfer a good service. I guess its a case of pricing them up & then weighing up the convenience of having the ski hire on your doorstep or not.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I would recommend Sports 2000, but the Paradis shop, its in main bit of Vallandry were all the shops, bars and restaurants are and just below the Vallandry chairlift , have a look at http://www.peisey-vallandry.com/www-plan_vallandry-579-HIVER-UK-PEISEY_VALLANDRY.html, its number 29 and L'Oree des Cimes is 59. Sport 2000 is a small shop http://www.paradis.sport2000.fr/, you can also look at renting from them through snowrental. There are a three Sports 2000 shops in Vallandry, but have used this one its, owner run and the service was very good.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It is a bit of a walk to the other shops, and Vallandry is built on the side of a girt big hill.

It's no real hardship walking down to the other shops, and the walk back up with your new kit will be a good way to warm up after the flight and transfer wink
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
the largest sport 2000 shop (on the right as you drive / walk up to the vanoise express) was then only shop out of 8 that managed to fix my mates salomon bindings...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Swiss Toby, we've stayed in Vallandry several times and have had good service from Ski Set, you can pre-book online which makes life a lot easier.

They have loads of discount codes around so don't pay full price - the latest one they are promoting is http://www.skiset.co.uk/godchild2009 which will give you 25% of list price.

If you ask nicely they often let you leave skis there overnight
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks folks. As Sport 2000 charge extra to change skis during the week, which I'm likely to do if conditions change, I might as well go with Skiset in the apartment complex.

12 days to go... snowHead
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If you book with your operator you may get a better deal. Ski Collection www.skicollection.co.uk charge £49 for 7 days for ski & boots (Blue) category. Think resort price is 95 Euros for 6 days. Very nice residence by the way so think you will be impressed.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
XPeak, Cheers, but we're travelling independent. Also leaving in 24 hours so booked it all now anyway! snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy