Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Two British skiers die in fall in French Alps

Poster: A snowHead
abc, Laughing
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Glad to see the cliff didn't ski off. Hope someone got its name.

David Goldsmith

Quote:
I've put it to you that one of these men was quite possibly trying to save his friend...

And I put it to you that you have been watching DVDs of Crown Court and are again suffering from delusions of grandeur, this time believing you are a barrister. Personally, I think they got pissed, then got lost, then fell off a cliff. I've reached these conclusions by guessing what the most likely set of circumstances are. I hope that's ok with you?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
PJSki, insulting as usual, but it did make me laugh! Laughing
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you can honestly say you have never been drunk then you don't know how sensible some things can seem when to a sober person they so obviously are not,
If you have been drunk but think every one of your actions have been sensible at this time then you haven't been drunk enough or have you?
To the family's and friends of the 2 lads who have died, sorry for your loss, Lets just hope they where having a real good laugh and they are at peace.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Your post makes it sound as though it's incumbent upon everyone to drink themselves senseless a) because it's a really good laugh and b) to entitle them to empathize with those that lose their lives, and their family and friends, as a result. I hope you didn't mean that.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
PJSki, Laughing Laughing

On the other hand, maybe Mr Goldfarb is acquainted with lots of people who hang around in ski resort get-p!ssed-quick factories until two in the morning and don't drink anything. Who knows?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
fragy, of course they're 'at peace' you woolly-minded individual, they're dead. It doesn't get much more uneventful than that.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
fragy, exactly. Another case of death by misadventure. The lads feeked up and paid the ultimate price, so let them R.I.P.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hurtle, all I am trying to say is, why does there have to be a right and wrong all the time, why is it so wrong to have a few beers on holiday, why do some people see the victims of this as the villans? Sorry if my post has upset anybody in any way, suppose I should have quoted parts of peoples posts, it was just a general reply to the vibe of some peoples comments.
Lizzard, "woolly-minded individual" how do you know I have curly hair, its always cut short! wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
fragy,
Quote:

why is it so wrong to have a few beers on holiday
It isn't and I don't think anybody said that.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Cheers Very Happy
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

why do some people see the victims of this as the villans

I don't think anybody is casting them as villains though if something like that happened to my son (not beyond the realms of possibility) I would be very, very, angry as well as devastated by the loss. He did once smash his ankle very badly toboganning while drunk; it could have been worse. As people have said, two complete families are probably going to be grieving for some years because of an act of thoughtless stupidity. But at least, unlike some drunks, they didn't kill any innocent bystanders.

The accident was certainly tragic, in the classical sense that someone watching them lurch off into the night might have been able to see it coming.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
pam w,
Quote:
As people have said, two complete families are probably going to be grieving for some years because of an act of thoughtless stupidity.

Yes, shame no one thought to spoil the view with a lite warning signs.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Yes, shame no one thought to spoil the view with a lite warning signs.

Puzzled
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
pam w, sorry, I meant to say 'lighted warning sign'. Something like 'Danger Cliffs!'. How many have died there over the years, anyone know? I remember one person falling there in 1990. Are there notices in the bars pointing out the dangers in that part of resort? Or has the blood of the slightly foolish to be sacrificed to satisfied those oppose any kind of health and safely in the mountains?
snow report
It says earlier in this thread that there are warning signs near the cliffs. I can't imagine that they're in all the bars, nor would it be too rational to suggest they should be. Do you think drunk people would read, and take on board, a series of notices warning them that they are in the mountains and there could be freezing cold rivers and dangerous cliffs around the place?

I do think it's very sad, and a tragic waste of life, but I don't see the purpose in trying to find someone else to "blame".
latest report
Quote:

Something like 'Danger Cliffs!'
What, in half a dozen lingos?
latest report
I know which end of the resort it is but cant picture the actual area where the 2 lads fell so may be talking rubbish but, is there a reason that an area where so many have died not be fenced off or a catch net be put up Puzzled
ski holidays
fragy, it's not like people fall off there in droves every week. It's bloody miles away from the pubs etc and half way up the hill - you have to make a bit of an effort to get there.
latest report
fragy, as Lizzard says it is quite out of the way. Also part of the cliff is where they dump the snow when snow clearing in town, given the number of lorries going up there every time it snows fencing would be really inconvenient.
snow report
fragy wrote:
all I am trying to say is, why does there have to be a right and wrong all the time, why is it so wrong to have a few beers on holiday, why do some people see the victims of this as the villans?

Because:

1. The mountains are a dangerous place. This isn't Newcastle in April, this is the Alps in the middle of winter, where the temperature may reach -20 on a fairly typical night.

2. Somebody died. In fact, some people died. Wantonly and stupidly, but still dead. What a shame. And the police tell us they were visibly inebriated.

3. It's not "a few" beers. It's "far too much" beer. And as a result, see (2) above, which happened because of (1) above.

Finally, why spend a fortune to go on holiday in the Alps, and suffer from hangovers. Ibiza is much cheaper - no ski hire or lift pass required. And the beers are much cheaper.
snow conditions
Lizzard, Swirly, Thanks for that, makes things a bit clearer now.
James the Last, chill out! I said sorry if I offended anybody, heaven help you if any people from Newcastle or who go on holiday to Ibiza read your comments, you just labelled them all as drunks wink
ski holidays
UK snowboarder is killed in Alps

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7922187.stm

A British snowboarder has plunged 60 feet to his death from a cliff in the Swiss Alps.

A search was launched on Monday after Rob Williams, from Liverpool, went missing with his friend Jason Tavaria.

The pair, both 29, are thought to have got lost in a forest after being separated from their group in the resort of Verbier.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy