Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Amis

Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone tell me of their experiences with Ski Amis? Good, bad or indifferent!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Roy Hockley, They have operations in Montalbert and have a base in Aime, I have only heard good about them. I don't have any first hand experience I'm afraid. Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Stay with them three seaons ago in Les menuires. Recommended.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Roy Hockley, Used them to book apartment in Vallandry few years back - all ok from our perspective, apartment was as described, they were friendly and delivered pre-booked passed as agreed
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
very good in la tania couldnt do enough for me and carted me around the resort in their minibus for various trips i needed to do.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Used them years ago, no problems, went back a fair few times until I had kids....
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Stayed in la tania in one of their catered chalets 2 years ago. Clean chalet, staff fantastic and food great. Really good value.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Stayed with them in Les Menuires at the Chaltes Bruyeres. Can't fault them. Plenty of staff around at all times and our hosts were fab.
Chalets comfortable and clean.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Used them in Vallandry - only complaint was that they didn't allow enough enough time for the traffic on the return transfer so it was a bit of a rush.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
used them few weeks back in menuires - definatety recommended. decent food, good chalets, excellent location, staff all very good, obviously enjoying their job/respect for the company which is always nice to see. aj xx
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
used them in December 07, La Tania Chalet Christine, and in March 08 Le Bettaix chalet Nicolette, decent cooked breakfast or continental, not mean with the wine, staff good, ski hosting with Ralph in La Tania awsome, La Tania to Courchevel 1650 for morning coffee!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks for all the help, booked up. €275 catred chalet in Les Menuires. Looking forward to next week.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Sorry to re-start an old thread. Comments all sound good. Any more recent experiences? Also, don't suppose anybody knows a discount code for SkiAmis? Thanks
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Fuyrther to my below, does anybody know if the SkiClubofGB discount applies just to the one registered SkiClub member, or all people on the holiday if the SkiClub member is making the booking?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Went in April with them to Les Menuires; excellent. They are already offering pretty good value, but sometimes discount last moment. What`s your discount in Les Carroz? I am off there Feb 5 th. Any recommendations ?
snow conditions
cstreat, thanks for the message.

We offer a 5% snowheads discount but I'm sure a polite request could raise it to 10%!

I have loads of recommendations for LC. You'll have a great trip.
Skiing - if snowy, stay in the Les Carroz or Morrillon bowls. Have never hadbad visibility due to the trees.
Flaine - get up to the area near the snowpark (nobody else skis there)
Off piste - the Gers bowl is an absolute must

Flaine Mountain Restaurants - Epiciere just above the Flaine villages and Lac de Gers (via Gers bowl or Cascades blue run).
Massif Restaurants - Igloo in Morrillon Valley, Les Molliets, and Chalet des Tronchets (off piste access only, between LC and Morrillon bowls)

Les Carroz Restaurants
Best - Servages D'Armelle Hotel (but expensive and some way from the village)
Other very good - Neve, Petits Ognions, Bistrot Grill du Gron (fantastic steak, quirky)
Cheaper - a few pizzerias, Marlow Bar does decent, fairly cheap food

All the best....
ski holidays
Simo1234 - I booked Eurostar tickets using SK discount - it only applied to the one member so I upgraded membership to family member as the saving was greater than the cost of the upgrade.
snow report
Removed due to me getting the wrong end of the stick!
ski holidays
simo1234, Thanks for all that excellent information. Fantasic. I`d go with Skiamis again. The staff we had were great.
snow conditions
Started the thread a couple of years ago! Had a great time and I would defianately go back with them. Great food and service although I know this is always variant on chalet staff!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy