Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Can you fit a pair of skis in a Renault Clio?

Poster: A snowHead
Wondering about hiring a Clio in Geneva to get to the resort. Can anyone familiar with the Clio tell me whether I could fit a pair of skis in there (and hence take my own with me, rather than rent)?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
yes
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Oui
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
doesn't it depend on the length?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Use the Stretch Clio
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
cfc5mu0, can you get Clio's in different lengths?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
David Goldsmith wrote:
Use the Stretch Clio

I think I went out with her once
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I don't think I've ever been given the car I thought I was going to get at an airport car rental desk - usually it's a bigger car so I guess that's the good news.....
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Boris wrote:
cfc5mu0, can you get Clio's in different lengths?

Sure. Head height, or maybe a little shorter for easy 3-point turns.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I can get my 170ish skis in my smartfor2 car so you should be able to! I even did it with a passenger as well, although they had to be pretty small.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The skis are 167cm in length. Not sure about the Clio. There will be 3 of us in the car.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yes. I've had 207 SG skis in a clio before with no real problem
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
J2R,

Was about to ask how many passengers, because that is the real issue here..
I think down the middle and the skis will get in the way of you gear changing so realistically you'll have to put the skis down the passenger side..
That's going to be an uncomfortable ride for one of you guys...and a dangerous one too...
That said that's what we did last year between Salzburg and Soll: Opel Astra, 4 blokes, 3 boards, 1 pair of skis, all the luggage... Very tight squeeze, especially for those in the back ( I called shotgun! Cool ) and I would not have liked to be hit on the side with all those sharp edges at head height! Shocked
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I generally like to hire at least a mid-size estate car for this reason. But as this is my excessively self-indulgent 3rd week this season, I'm trying to keep the cost down Very Happy .
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
With half the rear seat down, very easily. No problem at all.
latest report
beequin, the rear set of a clio doesn't split, so they might have a problem doing it that way.

should be able to jam them in somehow, although they'll be incroaching in the front and on people's comfort - depends how much you care about being comfortable!
snow report
J2R, you should be able to get a ski carrier thing for the roof for not too much dosh - would be safer and more comfortable.
snow conditions
Quote:

the rear set of a clio doesn't split,

It does in my daughter's Clio ! Are the newer models all like that? Perhaps you will be lucky and they will give you a Fiesta (or a
1.9 TD Alfa Romeo as we got once )
latest report
I used to be able to fit my skis on the passenger seat of my Citroen C2 (smaller than a Clio). They'd probably even fit in the back seats at a push diagonally across the seats. Not even a weekly shop fits in the boot!
ski holidays
15 pairs of skis, 1 driver, one passenger [in back seat] and two large travel bags into a ford fiesta...tight but ok for short journeys Toofy Grin
latest report
I've had eight pairs of skis in a Toyota Aygo Cool

But it was just me and them.

The answer to the question has to be "it depends on who / what else is in the car".
snow report
Why not get one of those magnetic ski carriers ? You can get them for £40 for a pair of skis

Try this http://www.towequipe.co.uk/products/ski4704-magnetic-pair-ski-carrier-roof-mounted-all-vehicles.html
ski holidays
Fair point, there's only ever me in my Citroen C2. I could probably manage one passenger in the front if I needed to but rear seat passengers would have to have both legs amputated first. Just as well it's only ever just me... Very Happy
ski holidays
Make sure you get one with a sun roof.
snow report
Quote:

Are the newer models all like that?

To answer my own question, only the basic models have no split seat - it seems.
Skis in the front passenger seat then and passengers in the rear - should be OK.
snow report
Quote:

The answer to the question has to be "it depends on who / what else is in the car".

agree. Two of us and a pair of 180s fitted in a Citroen C1, but that was all. We have squished cases and skis into similarly sized cars to clios but like others have said, the passenger tends to get a ski tip in the eye or the driver gets hands sliced off at the handbrake. Shocked

Good luck Very Happy
snow report
I've got a Clio and my skis would fit in (and the rear seats DO split in my 51 model) - mind you, my skis are only 150s Very Happy
ski holidays
Fit 180s and 174s in a Clio with split rear seats - tight but no problem.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Got two pairs of skis, 2 adults, 2 boot bags, a ruck sack and a suitcase in a Fiat Panda in Italy last Month.
snow report
2 boards, 2 holdall bags and 3 ppl in a Fiat panda.... I thank you snowHead
ski holidays
Rear seats split 60/40 on new clios depending on the spec level. Also dont expect a sunroof as they are a dieing breed since air conditioning is standard on all but the lowest models. It actually more expensive to have a sunroof than air con.

That said i had a clio when i went to pick up my 156cm snowboard a few weeks back and it almost layed flat accross the rear seat. With the seats folded - no problem at all.

By the way im a Renault salesman!
snow report
J2R wrote:
The skis are 167cm in length. Not sure about the Clio. There will be 3 of us in the car.

1 pr Ski's, 3 travelling and usual holiday luggage?
Should be a snug fit!
snow report
Chances of you getting the actual car you book are pretty slim anyway, we hired 2 x Corsa's and got both upgraded without asking to 4x4 Renault Koleos (sp?) We had worried about getting skis into Corsa - but it turned out fine!
ski holidays
If you can fit a person in, you can fit their skis in. If you are filling a Clieo to capacity, then you'll get all the skis in, but not the rest of the gear - boot is too small.
snow conditions
Got 4 guys, 4 pairs of skis and boots and luggage for a week in my Fiesta.

That was tight.
ski holidays
Wouldn't it be more fun to fit a pair of skis on a Renault Clio? Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy