Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Quick report on last week.

fabulous weather all week except saturday when the conditions were pretty marginal. windy and cold with light snow being whipped into some unpleasant conditions. for about 15-20 seconds I experienced a white out. not a nice feeling when you cant see anyone, piste markers or even which way is down.

Tignes and val despair have a huge amount of off piste potential but most of the easy to reach stuff was tracked out by saturday morning, only a couple of days after the last snow. A friend who took an off piste tour described the conditions as a crusty surface and a porridge like layer underneath. hard work by all accounts.
(there is an all day tarantaise trip, where you can ski from tignes to la plagne with only a little hiking - cost about £50)

As for on the piste, the conditions were great although again, lower down in Les breviers in was a little mushy by mid afternoon.

Slopes were pretty quiet with only a few queues at the usual bottlenecks post lunch. most of the locals were bracing themselves for the french half term starting. I have never been on a skiing trip at holiday time, and it sounds like an organised riot judging by some of the comments!!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No worries, things are improving wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
7 year old thread Puzzled
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy