Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easy runs at Zell am See

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Off with 4 year old daughter this weekend to Zell am See.

Can anyone suggest the easiest runs on the mountain for us to try out - she has done one block of dry slope lessons. The forecast is rain in resort(!!) which makes me think the mountain is the way to go, if she can manage.

Trying to finish off my work today, but far too excited now!

Many thanks.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Lorenzo, Run no 1 in the section served by the Glocknerbahn 4 man detachable chair is perfect for those that can just manage a snowplough. You can get to it via Arietbahn 1&2 or the Hirshcogl Express (sp)
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
OK, the Panorama run is towards the Schuttdorf side of the mountain, and has a chair (the Glocknerbahn) which just serves that run. It's nice and wide and gentle, and is popular with novices. You can get to it either up the Areitbahn from Schuttdorf, or from the top of the Hirschkogel chair (next above the city express lift). Both are gentle enough ways to access it.

Another area is by the Hahnkopflift which is Schmidolin's kind of funland type area. It's a great area for novices, but the problem is that it's a less gentle slope to get to it (from the top of the Schmittenhoehenbahn or the Trassexpress).

HTH
D
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Lorenzo, The learners area at the end of the Schmittenhohe valley should also be high enough to be out of the rain? It is quite small and basic though so you may get bored pretty quickly?

Would agree with Deliaskis, that Panorama will be your best bet, as D says it is wide and a good length and has its own chair, there is also a drag that goes from the bottom to half way up on the other side of the piste. If you are staying in Zell and take the bus to Schuttdorf you only need to use Areitbahn 1 to access the bottom of it and then get on the Glocknerbahn chair. Using the City Express and Hirschkogel cuts out the bus and it is easy skiing, apart from one busy junction, to get down to Panorama from there.

The Schimdolin kids area on Blue 7 (known as kinderland) was cleared in the last week of January to make way for a big park, the nice gentle blue is still there but is narrower and may be infested with parkrats. Also as D says the run down to it ( Blue 3) can be tricky, it is a steepish blue and the ski schools are guilty of taking classes down there before they're ready. So, being a bit steeper it gets bumpy with all the side slipping and major snowplough turning going on, it's quite short though. I would suggest you ski down yourself and make the call if your daughter can manage it?

Both are above 1400m so you should have no rain probs there. Freezing level forecast is on briefly up to about 1800m on Monday/Tuesday and back down below resort level by Thursday so you should see plenty of white stuff in town as well.

Enjoy!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Frosty the Snowman, Deliaskis, robboj, thanks for the replies. That is very helpful. Off to pack!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Excellent advice all - just back from great trip.

After morning at Schmittenhohe nursery slope, junior found ski legs I never knew she had. She told me to do "fast turns" which I tried just to see what she would do, and we never looked back. We tried this run (blue 1) and she followed my tracks like a star! It was busy at times, especially crossing the red run under the Hirschkogel which was pretty lumpy too. After a couple of runs we were passing the real beginners, rather than avoiding them, so that made it a whole lot less hazardous!

The next day we skied the whole of blue 1 from the mountain top to the bottom of Glocknerbahn. When I showed her the length of this run on the piste map she laughed at the "silly little" run she had enjoyed so much the first day!

Many thanks again.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy