Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski patroller saves boarder in tree well "right in the nick of time"

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A 40-year-old snowboarder who fell headfirst into a tree well at Steamboat, Colorado was saved within minutes of losing his life by a local ski patroller who happened to discover him. He had been with friends, but they had got some distance ahead of him.

He was "suffocating for sure" said patroller Paula Lepporoli, who happened to spot his board and legs above the snow surface and managed to pull him out of the hollow (a regular cause of death in the recesses of snow around the bases of trees, where less snow is deposited). The accident occurred last Saturday.

This report and more quotes from The Steamboat Pilot & Today

Do you have a technique for avoiding this danger when skiing/boarding in the trees?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Wow, lucky guy.

Don't look at the trees! Look between the trees, and keep an eye on each other at all times when in them!

They scare the pants off me. I got caught in one just next to the piste but no-one could see me and the others thought I was already at the base. I managed to break out of the front of it, as the slope was pretty steep and it wasn't all that deep, but it was a terrifying experience.

http://www.treewelldeepsnowsafety.com/

is a good source of info.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Thu 26-02-09 17:16; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
[quote="firebug"]Don't look at the trees, look between the trees, and keep an eye on each other at all times when in them! [/
quote]

Indeed. I love skiing trees, but I regularly stop to make sure my companions are within calling distance
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
That is a situation where an avilung may well be worth wearing.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Scarpa, As long as some one found you in 15 min!!! Tree wells are SCARY!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy