Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

3 days in Les Coches

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Spent Monday on the Mont Blanc piste at Les Coches as the vis was awful. This is a tree lined run so usable in the worst viz. We didn't even use Dos Rond on some runs as the cloud was so thick up that high. It slowly improved as the day went on. The Wall of Death back into Les Coches had been battered all day and really lived up to its name by 4.30pm.

Tuesday was much better but we made the fatal mistake of going into Plagne Bellcote late morning, after some warm up fast cruises on Mont Blanc, coaching the less able in our group. The queue in Plagne Bellecote for the bubble was approx 35 minutes but Roche de Mio was well worth it as the valleys had a beautiful layer of cloud across them. Spent the day doing Carella and Tunnel. Saw a serious accident on the short black that joins up with Carella (can't remember its name). A skier lost it and wiped people out as he cartwheeled down the piste, one ski still attached. He was quickly surrounded by concerned mates but wasn't getting up. We watched this for a good while on the Carella lift and as he still had not moved, we told the liftie that he may need recovery, as we got off back at RdM. A sobering sight.

We spent yesterday up on Bellecote. It was beautiful and not busy. We rode down Tunnel on the way back to the Arpette lift and thought everyone must have gone home as it was empty. Even the queue at Arpette at almost 3pm was only a few minutes. On the way down, I made it into the tunnel, albeit only at fast walking pace, which gave me all but the very last uphill bit at the end, before I had to unclip my back foot and skate the last 10m. I was very pleased about that Very Happy

Had a fab 3 days and a massive thanks to MountainSun for making it such a good trip. Their facilities were very good and unbelievable value for money. The total trip cost, including £80 of lunches and evening beers worked out at a fraction over £400 for everything.

If you can spare a few days off, I would thoroughly recommend this. Back at my desk today, I feel like I was away for ages even though it was only 3 days. The ache in my legs reminds me that yesterday I was at 3250m with not a cloud in the sky.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
bar shaker, good to read a report on the Mountain Sun deal, I can't do it this year, but probably will next year.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy