Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boot sole planning - Help CEM

Poster: A snowHead
the soles on my beloved Lange 120's are getting pretty worn and although i have started using cat tracks to stop this i fear the soles need some attention. I have around 30 weeks of skiing on them.

When i click into any binding i can raise the toe of each boot and there is noticable play in the bindings side to side. I have read that the tolerance on boots is 18 - 20 mm for toe height and 28-30 mm for heel height.

Each boot has lost over a mm and measure just under 19 and 29mm but the right boot is worse and has worn down more on the big toe side and the boot rocks from side to side when on a flat surface which is my main concern.

Is it possible to regrind a worn boot sole and affix a plate?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
skimottaret, you want a new pair of powder blue ones - and a decent 150 flex at the same time. "120", indeed.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
under a new name, MrsSkiMottaret will kill me if i spank out 500 quid for new boots.... but you are quite right on the nice powder blue ones Toofy Grin i have been eying up some race boots for next year but would like to keep my current ones in the UK for snowdome teaching.....
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
skimottaret, is your boot not the one with replaceable toe and heel???

if not it can be done but never gives a really good finish, best to apply plates when boots are new then replace them as required, i don't have a planer right now, but if it is not too bad we may be able to sand them flat.....it all depends on how bad they are
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
CEM, no they dont have replacable bits. I had a bad feeling that it would be tough to do on worn boots. I am considering some race boots for next year and will bring em along when it is quiet some time for you to have a look if thats okay..
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
under a new name - "Crazy Blue" is apparently the official name for that colour.

skimottaret - go on, go on, you know you want to sir... wink
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
FlyingStantoni, Hmmmm.... I can see the conversation, "honey i need a new pair of ski boots... "

Didnt you just buy new boots?, No dear they are two years old

Not your orange ones, the shiny red ones? Oh those, they dont count as they are for telemarking....

ah gotcha, But didnt you just spend loads on your current ones this summer and told me they were great and fit beautifully? Yes but now they are worn out and dont fit my skis anymore. it wasnt that much, just a few hundred on new insoles and balancing

But MY boots only cost a few hundred for everything, boots insoles etc... ah yes but mine are custom fitted and offer high performance unlike your S&R boots

So you can take your insoles and balancing and use em on these new boots? No dear i have to get new boots, new insoles and rebalanced. cant use any of the old stuff

But it took you weeks to get your boots to feel okay, why do you want to change? i need race boots for Giant Slalom training and these arent stiff enough

What training, I thought you were all done with all this Instructor course stuff ? Almost done but if i want to teach in France i have to get the Eurotest

So how long will that take? weeks and weeks of expensive training in the alps, £500 for boots, 400 quid GS skis, helmets cat suits.....

So you will pass it next year and start working in France ? Oh no most guys take at least a dozen goes at it and several years, most never pass

And how much more do you make if you have this EuroTest thingy? 45 pence an hour.

Sounds perfectly reasonable, you just have to get a job to pay for all your toys! Hmmm... dont need boots that bad... Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
skimottaret, I'm sure your Mrs will say yes just to have the opportunity to see you in a catsuit!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rob@rar, my biggest terror would be fitting my 46 year old gut into a cat suit in full view of the public.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Please skimottaret, I generally read this stuff as I'm eating lunch Shocked
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
skimottaret, It's OK, get the powder puff blue boots and nobody will notice the catsuit..... probably.... Toofy Grin
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
skimottaret, the footbed should be transferable and the shims may need some adjustment, but until we work out the new boot we will never know, no problem to bring them in at some point, jsut give me a call to sort a time
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Alternatively... the "direct route"...

"Dear..."...(Mrsskimottaret), "Yes dear"...

"How much do you love me?"..."Beyond belief my darling"

"Really?"..."Yes, much more than you'll ever know..."

"That's good. Could I have some new ski boots then?"

Toofy Grin

(Ok. Yep. It'll never work.)
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Alternatively... the "direct route"...

"Dear..."...(Mrsskimottaret), "Yes dear"...

"How much do you love me?"..."Beyond belief my darling"

"Really?"..."Yes, much more than you'll ever know..."

"That's good. Could I have some new ski boots then?"

Toofy Grin

(Ok. Yep. It'll never work.)
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
FlyingStantoni, then why is everyone around here calling it "Brokeback Blue"? Puzzled
snow report
comprex, they are definately not red enough for me....
snow report
comprex wrote:
FlyingStantoni, then why is everyone around here calling it "Brokeback Blue"? Puzzled

Err, dunno, because only gay cowboys wear them Puzzled

(Given the number of ESF instructors who wear them then I'm definitely not going to repeat that in resort!)
latest report
skimottaret, love it, ha ha!

So you're going to have a go at ISTD then?!
snow report
beanie1, No not having a go at ISTD, way past my ability, but i do fancy some race training... If i can get my times down i may have a crack at the TT or ET next year depending on how i get on...... and then it i pass that might change my mind about my own ability... Toofy Grin
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy