Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Belle Plagne advice please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My other half has booked us into the Balcons Belle Plagne Hotel - has anyone stayed there?

I have just read the reviews this evening on 'TripAdvisor' and the place sounds absolutely DIRE.
Four of the eight reviewers give it one star out of five. The overall impression is that the place is dirty (to the point of being soiled and smelly) about to fall down and the staff are much the same…and no-one would ever want to stay there again.
Please someone tell me that it isn't that bad - do I go and threaten the travel agent until they transfer us elsewhere or what???? Now I realise why the price was substantially reduced from the brochure price.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We rented an apartment there a few years ago and had no problems.

Hope that helps, its in a good location as well (ski in / ski out) and the pub/restaurant although a french chain is not too bad.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
JanA, stayed in a catered chalet apartment in the Balcons de Belle Plagne building (I think the hotel building is next door) in 2003. It was fairly new at the time, so no issues re cleanliness & collapse. Excellent location right on the piste. Belle Plagne is definitely the most pleasing on the eye of all the purpose-built 'villages'. Good ski hire shop & nice restaurant (Chalet du Maitre Kanter, recomend the Pierrade) on ground floor of Balcons apartment building. Can't comment directly on the hotel, sorry! snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for your replies. Yes, as I understand it the apartments and the hotel are very much in the same complex and so the comments I have read relate to either/both.

Perhaps I should clarify that ‘about to fall down’ was my four word summary of the ‘orrible reviews and hopefully the building is not actually in danger of architectural collapse.

Comments were made about it being filthy dirty and in need of serious renovation, repeated boiler breakdowns resulting in no hot water, foul smelling ‘gassy’ plumbing, water leaks onto carpets and possessions, plaster falling off walls, doors warped and wouldn’t shut.”

We’ve been to La Plagne once before so we are being philosophical that the wonderful location will keep us happy!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It looks fine from the outside.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The residence has a nice, clean swimming pool.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
JanA, Was there about 5 years ago and it was fine... nothing wrong with the acomm or building lay-out as far as I could see...
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
don't go down to bellecote at peak times. Come to les arcs for a day if you like fast lifts...
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
bertie bassett, Plan des violettes, Replat, Renard Shocked and Villards and Lanchettes yep, real fast lift's. rolling eyes
Are the Derby and the Transarc running today?
...... or have they broken down again wink
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I went down to Bellecote last week. Big mistake. Its busy all the time. The Arpette chairlift is the main route over to Les Arcs, so its difficult to try all those fast chairlifts without a long wait to get over.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
dr schuss, Bellecote (unless you are staying there) is totally avoidable by using other lift/pistes. If going to to Les Arcs there are other routes but the Arpette is the fastest. However in half term week the Arpette queue took 5 minutes from the 7 minute signs at the entrance Confused
I guess even if staying there you could get the free ski bus to Plagne centre Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Arpette is empty between 12 and 2pm. Its not too busy in the early afternoon but avoid all of the Bellecote lifts before 11.30am.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
JanA, I rented an apartment there for a week a couple of years ago. It was absolutely fine. Had no complaints at all.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy