Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

When to book ski school

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Quick question.... how late can you leave it before booking in to a ski school?

Bit more info... My wife is going to give skiing a go this year and she is going to book online with Arcs Aventures in Arc 1800. They do a beginners ski package including ski hire and lift pass. How late before going do you think we can leave it before booking? Do these sort of packages fill up?

Thanks for your help!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
m00958, It depends on when you're going. If it's school holidays then you should book well in advance (some of my clients book for next year during or even before their holidays this year). If you're going out of season then you can wait until to get to resort, however it also depends on the size of the ski school you're going to. If they have a number of instructors then it'll be easy to organise, but smaller operations can be full even in quiet weeks.

Check on the skis your wife will get if she goes for the package deal - it's a good idea even for beginners to have decent skis to learn on, and some of those packages give you rubbish skis. Boots can be a rubbish as you like - the softer the better for a beginner.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We're going on 19th March, which I believe is one of the quietest times as no schools are on holiday that week. I was thinking of booking a month in advance, so that will probably be okay, right?!?!? Smile
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
m00958, Should be fine. have fun. snowHead
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

how late can you leave it before booking in to a ski school?
. As a rule, you don't. Earlier the better. Sometimes, in some resorts or at some times of the year, you can fluke it and sign up in resort, but I wouldn't reccomend it. Yeah, you should be fine booking 1month ahead of d-day. But if you've already paid for the transport/accomodation, you might as well book skischool now too. Unlike many other skiing-related things, ski school ain't gonna get cheaper the later you leave it (quite reverse, usually).
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
m00958, i'm bringing a group of 7 out to Les Arcs the same week, and at least 4 will be in the beginners group as well! - any reason you plumped for Arcs Aventures rather than ESF (i think their packages for beginners is identical) ?

(by the way - have just had a poor ESF experience in Serre Chevalier so would be interested to hear if there is a recommended ski school of choice for Les Arcs)
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
doogo, we didn't pick Arcs Aventures for any other major reason than I found their website is more accessible and better designed. Just having revisited the ESF website it doesn't appear you can book the "all-in-one" package the wife was planning on (lessons, equipment, lift pass). Haven't heard any bad reports about them on here either, unlike ESF!

So far we've booked everything online (apartment, ferry, nursery, my board hire, and chains), so I don't want to break the flow now Smile Still got enroute hotels, travel insurance, and breakdown cover left to book. Internet should see us right for that lot Smile
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
m00958, ESF are not covering themselves in glory re their online offering at all - have a look at www.ski-insurance.co.uk for good quote (i think) for trip (wish i could use it myself but only open to UK residents Sad ) - have you checked out the thread about E111 forms as well

take it handy
d
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy