Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Rosiere advice please

Poster: A snowHead
Hi there,

I am a first time skier so please bear with me....!

My wife and I have just booked a chalet in La Rosiere after agreeing to join my brother and his family out there for easter. I have just realised however, that we are actually in Les Eucherts.

We had hoped to ski with my brother and family during the days - will this be a problem at all? How easy is it to get to La Rosiere? And are we able to ski from La Rosiere to Les Eucherts??

My wife can ski a bit (Blue and maybe red runs) i am a novice, i have had one days skiing before (in Slovenia) and can do simple snow plough turns.

Any advice would be greatly appreicated - also if we will be able to get to and from eachother's areas at night?

Many Thanks in advance
Steve
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
stevieg0102, Welcome to snowHead 's. I've never been to La Rossiere (been close once!) but there are MANY here with strong opinions, some even based on fact! Laughing

I'm sure your enquiry will draw plenty of responses and a couple of them may be useful.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Judging by the piste map Les Eucherts is lift and piste-served (blue runs) so meeting up on the slopes should be easy. There's probably a bus service too, but in the evening it doesn't look so far away that a cab would cost a fortune. It might even be walking distance!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
stevieg0102, Yes you can ski between the two parts of the resort, Les Eucherts is on the periphery of La Ros and gentle blue / green runs connect the two. I believe there is a free bus between the two whether it runs at night I'm not sure. Look on http://www.larosiere.net for a map of the resort.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Oh and welcome to snowheads!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
3 replies in 10 minutes! That is impressive!!!
Thanks for all your advice so far!

A supplementary question if you like. When i went in Slovenia i felt i picked it up pretty quickly in the 2 hrs of my lesson. How long should i expect it to be before i can ski on a blue run say??

Thanks
Steve
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stevieg0102, welcome to snowHead
Quote:

We had hoped to ski with my brother and family during the days - will this be a problem at all? How easy is it to get to La Rosiere? And are we able to ski from La Rosiere to Les Eucherts??

From La Rosiere take the right hand drag of the double Lievre Blancc drag on the RHS of the main slope, get off at the top and turn right down the blue Papillon piste ( dead easy) and in 3 mins you are in Les Eucherts

From Les Eucherts you can get on the bus nor ride the Les Eucherts express chair and ski the blue down into La Ros. This run is not easy at the top for a nervous novice.

The bus runs till 6, but it is only a 10 minute walk (depending on where in La Rosiere they are.

Both ESF and Evolution2 aqre great ski schools, invest in some lessons. The problem may be that La Rosiere is South facing and the pistes could well be crisp and hard in the morning and slushy in the afternoon. The best snow will be over in La Thuile, but unless you make remarkable progress you will not be up; to the trip.

Have a great time Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stevieg0102, If you can snow plough turn you can ski pretty much any Blue. But have some more lessons so that you can improve more quickly and avoid getting into bad habits. 'private' tuition for you and your wife together might work if she isn't too far above you on the learning curve. group lessons are cheaper and can be fun if you like meeting other beginners but you won't get the individual attention. My preference would always be for 2 hours private tuition in the mornings and free skiing in the afternoon. A couple of days of that and you'll really notice the improvement. snowHead
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
stevieg0102, PS, the best restaurant in the resort L'Ancolie (sp?) is in Les Eucherts . It's an easy 10-15 min walk over to La Ros centre. . . or follow Frosty.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Masque, I loved it, but a few poster have not been impressed of late.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
stevieg0102:

If you are driving the then its no more than 2 minutes to drive to La Ros, also the bus does run but its not to a regular timetable so walking back at night takes about 15 mins, its a straight road............. also if you are early enough in the morning you can park at the bottom of the main lifts in La Ros - its just a better place to ski back to as April can be fairly iffy skiing back into Les Eucherts ............

Skiing over is easy enough but when I went the run from the top of the Eucherts Express into La Ros was quite icy in the mornings as it was April and the conditions were real freeze / thaw ...................... though nothing really bad, just for 1st timers the ice can be a bit daunting.

Get a couple of private lessons when you get there and you'll be up and away in no time if you can already plough turn ................. anyway enjoy.

I actually stayed in Les Eucherts myself .................... throughly enjoyed it, nothing really there and the one or two restaurants were already closed ............... food in La Ros is nice enough and varied choice (cheap all the way through to very pricey)
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The Ski Bus is really quite regular and it's very easy to get up to La Ros from Les Eucherts.
It's a lovely resort. Have a good time.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Stevie - lots of answers already - that's what's so good here. We went to La Ros last year - before going we had a last minute choice of a chalet in La Ros or in Les Eucherts. We picked La Ros because we weren't sure how much there would be in Les Eucherts/access etc. However it really is easy to get between the 2 resorts - 1 list and 1 run each way I think. We said whilst we were there we would have no problem about staying in Les Eucherts in future. Hopefully you'll enjoy it - it is a really good resort for families and the runs are really confidence boosting - lovely and wide if you're a beginner and they don't feel busy. Can thoroughly recommend Evo 2 for lessons - we booked a couple of private lessons whilst we were there - have fun
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi we stayed in a chalet in les Eucherts in January this year, its a 10 min walk into La Ros along a lovely forest track, its well lit at night. you can easily ski between the two and the blues and greens are wide, not too steep and best of all uncrowded! Our friend joined us for a couple of days, he had 2 hours skiing experience the week before and skied some blues with us for a day Shocked I can recommend La Grange its a pizza type restaurant in Les Eucherts area which was not expensive and a great family meal. there is also an ice rink and bowling alley!
if your looking to pre book ski hire try these www.snowbrainer.co.uk we used them and booked The Olympic shop, would highly recommend them, the equipment and service was fantastic!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
stevieg0102, Internet connection whilst on the bench at the Bernebau eh? wink
ps welcome to snowHead s
latest report
Thanks for all the advice people, it is much appreciated.

What should we do for hiring skis and boots? As well as ski pass? Should we get that out there or are we better to pre-book??

Thanks!!!
ski holidays
Stevieg0102 - just as easy either way, you get the lift pass on the main office at the bottom of the slopes in La Ros, wouldn't know about hiring gear but there are a few shops in La Ros ......... its a small place you can't miss them.
latest report
stevieg0102, you can book on-line but there's a caisse for lift passes in Les Eucherts with the main caisse at Font de Neige in La Rosiere, they both shut at 5.00PM. Ski Olympic in Les Eucherts have very good equipment as do Twinner in La Rosiere centre, both recommended.
snow report
stevieg0102, we booked everything before we went as the euro was dropping so much we wanted to be sure what we were paying.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy