Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Self service check in at Geneva

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I hear that Easyjet are making their check-in desk at Geneva self-service. Does anyone know if it's in operation yet and if so have you used it?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
thery appear to be in actiona already

http://www.easyjet.com/EN/Flying/leapcheckininfo.html
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Last weekend, Geneva was still using a traditional check in...however East Midlands had gone self-service. Aparently you go to a machine, type in your booking reference and it prints off baggage labels and boarding card. You then go to a baggage machine where someone weighs your luggage and takes it off you!!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've used the one at EMA, from the passenger viewpoint it's totally pointless, no quicker and never likely to be; in fact, more likely to be slower. From Easyjets point of view it's a winner, they reduce the transaction time when you hit the real checkin and can reduce the number of staff. If you think the saving's passed onto the customer in the form of reduced fares I suppose it's fine.

I think they are in action already, I think I noticed last time I was at GVA.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Thu 20-01-05 20:24; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ise, it's exactly the same at Tesco!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I used it today at Geneva - easy peasy. Although the oldies moan - but hey what can you do about them!?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Nadenoodlee, the problem is when someone in front of you is fumbling with the system (however young you are!).
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Elizabeth B,

You're spot on with your description of Easyjet's East Mids set-up as I used it when flying to Geneva in Dec.

Sorry ise but I disagree. They had 6 self check-in machines which has got to be faster than the usual 2 check-in staff. The 2 'old style' check-ins were just for weighing luggage & they easily handled the traffic from the 6 self check-in machines as they no longer had tp print & attach the luggage labels & print the board cards etc.

As for staffing, they had the usual 2 staff of the 'weighing' check-in desks plus 2 staff assisting the 'oldies' with their self check-ins.

All I know is that I was through check-in way faster than usual.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I have not used easy jet's system, but have used SAS, Aer Lingus and Lufthansa and it is simple. Stick in credit card you booked with, then choose seat and present baggage with tags to desk, SIMPLE.

Much quicker with this system than the old fashioned way. Unless they dont have a personell on the check in. I agree with spyderjon, maybe teething problems that ise, encountered, but much more convenient as I tend to be stuck behind the family from hell, screaming kids, shouting mother and at this moment in time p....d of father, they always take 15 mins to check in.

Here endeth the rant.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Interesting observations. Can you allocate times to these processes? The time it takes to use the sefl-service bit, the time it takes to interact with the remaining checkin staff and the old transaction time. It could be be my times are all wrong, if they're not then the maths is pretty simple and it's slower.

What sounds right for times?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Nadenoodlee, How many kiosks have they got....on my way out there tomorrow, do I need to allow lots of time to queue up behind the fumblers, I'd hate to miss the 30min deadline!!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks all. All concerns answered. I did wonder whether it would save time or just save check-in staff from 'the fumblers'. Sad thing is - we'll all be there one day. I hope I'll still be skiing!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Another tip - check in at the French sector. There's a phone you use to call the airline, who'll then send somebody over to check you in. No queues! It worked for me this last Sunday with BA. Sadly the airport then closed and I was stranded in Gatwick overnight...
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy