Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Serre Chevalier Day Trip

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've never been to Serre Chevalier before and will probably be taking a day trip there from LDA over Easter. I'll be driving with 2 skiers and probably 1 non-skier. Which is the best village to stop off at taking into account car parking, access to the best slopes and something to keep the non-skier interested?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It would depend on what skiing you want.

I would of thought Monetier would be the best assuming you are of confident intermediate ability or better. It would be the first lift served village you come to from the direction of LDA. There is parking right next to the lifts, I'm not sure how easily you will find a parking space.

There are thermal baths, which are a good idea for a non skier.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Colin B,
You and the non skier have slightly conflicting interests.

If the non skier is spending a whole day somewhere then Briancon (old town) is by far and away the best spot to spend it in. A bit of an uphill walk or short bus from the Briancon lifts.

At Easter though if travelling between the areas you are much better starting off at Monetier here you will be going to the other resorts on the east facing slopes as they soften up and retturning on the north facing ones stopping off at those you find appealing.

If the non skier is a driver by far the best option is for them to drop you at Monetier in the morning drive on to Briancon whilst you ski during the day and then drive back and meet you at the end of the day.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks guys. My daughter and I can ski most things. Not sure whether the other passenger will fancy driving, we'll see.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Colin B, what T-bar says, but the non-skier could use the ski bus if they don't fancy driving. Parking at Monetier should be OK at Easter, as long as you avoid the weekend. They could go to the thermal spa in Monetier, but it doesn't open until the afternoon.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Colin B, We did snow shoeing a couple of years ago, but that might need you to arrange the guide. It was a lovely trip out, and easily doable by someone of moderate fitness. Our non skiing friend also had nice walks round old Villeneuve, La Salle and of course Monetier. You can pick up maps of little walks around the villages and the old church in Monetier is interesting enough for half an hour or so, if that is what floats your boat. I'd have a morning strolling round Monetier, followed by a run up the chair to Bachas to meet you powder hounds for lunch, or even better, bring up a nice picnic, then back down the chair, and a good soak/chill at the baths. There's plenty to do!

Old Briancon is very interesting, and there are some tip top cafes on the Grand Gargoyle street, if you haven't been deafened by the whistling marmots Toofy Grin . There is also an art gallery I recall. You can walk round the ramparts and take in the views.

Parking at Monetier can get a bit mental right by where the lifts are, but we have found that you can usually get into the overspill car parks, which mean a 2 minute rather than 1 minute walk to the lifts. So not a problem. You can pick up the Briancon bound skibus at the carpark by the lift/caisse/cafe bit. It would be a nice run down to Briancon on the bus. The snow will be best at that end of the resort at that time of year. IMO Chantemerle is the village where the skiing is busiest, and might be best avoided at Easter.

Have a great trip.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy