Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ischgl

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm thinking of organising a group (15-20 people) mixed abilities of skiers and boarders there for next new year. Has anyone been at this time of year, what was the snow like and is there enough nightlife to keep a few big drinkers happy? Any other info about the resort would be appreciated Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I haven't been in January (only Feb), but Ischgl is well known for its night life - it's common to find people in bars still in their ski boots late in the evening. Indeed its reputation is that evening celebrations and entertainment can be pretty excessive, although I haven't seen anything out of order (but live in hope!).

The ski area is one of the most extensive in Austria, the lift system is one of the best anywhere, and there is plenty to keep you well occupied for a week. Not brilliant for beginners - limited nursery area and home runs to the village at 4.30pm are lethal because of overcrowding. (Just delay your descent for half an hour, or come down in one of the gondolas). Excellent for intermediates and advanced, and off piste very easily accessible from pistes. Can ski across to Switzerland to Samnaun for your duty free.

Be careful where you choose to stay - you want to be in the main village, not on the far side of the valley from the lifts, otherwise long walks in ski boots are required.

One other oddity to watch out for - lift passes can only be bought in cash, unless you have a German or Austrian bank account. If you are paying for a whole family for a week, that's a lot more than you can get out of a cash dispenser at short notice, so need to remember to bring vast quantities of notes.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Rach, we've had lots of past references to Ischgl in previous threads. Go to User Facilities (top left) and type Ischgl into the search box. You should find lots of useful info. to be getting on with. www.goski.com carries many resort reviews and tips, as does www.ifyouski.com
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Spent a season there in 1985, will never forget it . Great skiing,Mega Apres & Nightlife plus duty free over in Smanaum . Been back for a week or so in the 90's and a week last year. THe place has been completey transformed. Great uphill transport. all modern lifts. Only thing is a lot of what was Off-Piste is now lift served.
Apres & Nightlife IMHO way better than St Anton. More of a mixed crowd (Scanny'sDutch,Germans) as well which is nice.
Have fun !
Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
A review of Ischgl in this weekend's Scotsman newspaper.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Reading the report it really confirms what I experienced 20 years ago . Just surprised its taken so long for folk to ge there ! Very Happy
I seem to remember ( I dont no how) skiing everyday (except whe lifts were closed due to wind) from 1st week of December till end of April on about 4 hours sleep a night ! I think that was my record about 145 days skiing & 150 apres skis Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy