Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Grumpy old man

Poster: A snowHead
Just returned from a fantastic weeks skiing in Tignes. Blue sunny skies for all but one day when it snowed leaving powder to play in but...despite this I found myself turning into an angry old man. Things that previously I would have shrugged off became events needing vast amounts of self control to not vent anger and bile,
Examples:
a) Late teens/early twenties girl heading from far right of lift queue to far left to allow all her friends in next to her resulting in 3 x8man chairs to go up empty.
b) (and my pet hate), people stood at side of slope rejoining without looking up hill
c) People not slowing down where pistes converge especially at the bottom of lifts
Is this a sign that I am approaching middle age? (50 is not that far off now). Embarassed
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
PsychoBabble, with you on all of them - and I'm only 40 Embarassed
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
PsychoBabble,

d) groups hanging around at the entrance to the lifts.
e) walkie talkie users, do they know how stupid they sound?

and to answer your question yes Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
PsychoBabble wrote:
events needing vast amounts of self control to not vent anger and bile,
Examples:
:

Got to the ticket office at 12.05 just after the navette arrived, joined the queue for my afternoon pass. At 13.00 got to the front of the queue just as the other two ticket operators returned from lunch. GRRRRRRR.......

What country can run a tourist industry where everything stops for lunch.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Probably as I'm equally grumpy, but I also get really annoyed when it's really quiet and someone just has to get on the chairlift with me and Mrs Boris and the kids, usually in the way, when it really wouldn't kill them to wait 5 seconds for the next chair.

Luckily I can always get one of the kids to accidentally ski over their skis/trip them up when getting off
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
All of the above Embarassed

Oh and lifting the bar way way before needed, like they are going to get off or something rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Boris, probably bored stiff skiing on their own and want to eavesdrop on you guys....
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

Oh and lifting the bar way way before needed, like they are going to get off or something

Or grabbing it down the moment they sit down, like they are going to fall off or something
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Lou, pam w, blimey, how many milliseconds tolerance does a carefree skier get on bar moving operations? wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

Oh and lifting the bar way way before needed, like they are going to get off or something

Or grabbing it down the moment they sit down, like they are going to fall off or something
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
PsychoBabble, unfortunately point A is one of my bad habits - I like to do what Boris does and have ether a chair to myself (when on my own) or go up with the rest of my group and not have some random sat next to me like a spare tit. Smile Mind you, I've met a few nice people in those situations so it does have its benefits...

Do agree with you on point B though - I've had a few bad tumbles with skiers and boarders pushing offf 'blind' so to speak, but that's part of being on the piste I suppose.

But yes, you do sound like a right grumpy old git Smile
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
laundryman, Laughing
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Specialman, point A? How could you?! By all means stay with your friends if possible, but to let x3 EIGHT seaters to go empty? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Young couples snogging next to me on the chairlift! Although the youngest Psycho and myself got revenge by serenading them with "That's Amore"! Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Forgot about the lifting of the bar 3 pylons before landing!
ski holidays
Texting whilst on drag lifts or worse taking photo's and sending them on draglifts Confused
latest report
Getting on a chair with grumpy old men... Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Schuss in Boots, was it you I was serenading? Laughing
ski holidays
whats wrong with texting on a drag lift?

as long as you dont fall, or carve, and you get out of the way at the top, surely what you do on the drag is no one elses business (within reason)?
latest report
Skola, quite! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
PsychoBabble, I should be so lucky.. rolling eyes Laughing
snow report
Quote:

walkie talkie users, do they know how stupid they sound?

Whats more stupid someone using a walkie talkie or someone running up a mobile phone bill that costs more than walkie talkies?
snow conditions
Yea I use walkie talkies!
snow report
If anyone feels they can text, photograph etc on a poma lift, good luck to them Madeye-Smiley

Have used walkie talkies infrequently. They are just another thing to carry but were useful at New Year when we left eldest to practice snowboarding on his own on nursery slopes.
snow report
alpinequeen wrote:
Quote:

walkie talkie users, do they know how stupid they sound?

Whats more stupid someone using a walkie talkie or someone running up a mobile phone bill that costs more than walkie talkies?

What's more stupid? Taking walkie talkies with you and forgetting to put batteries in them - did that a few years ago - doh!!!

By the way Lou, I think it was more like THREE Vanoise Expresses!! Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
When it's busy... I can't stand people hanging around until they can get onto the chair with all of their mates (letting a number of seats, if not whole chairs, go up empty) - I got a loud ovation from the crowd waiting to get on a chairlift at Courmayeur for making my group fill up the sixpack - none of them had to get on without one of their mates, but we filled up spaces, which is vital with a large queue behind. If an average of a couple of seats go empty on most sixpack chairs, then that means you've got people waiting 14 or 15 minutes instead of 10...

If it's not busy, then I couldn't care less, an extra twenty seconds or so doesn't bother me much.

What really p!ssed me off last week though was one of the local instructors cutting across in the lift queue. Same sixpack chair, there I was, lined up with five of my group to my left, perfect. Then this woman barges between me and my group (from the middle, to my left) and edges in front of me, splitting me from my group. Though the sheer rudeness was enough anyway, she made matters worse, rather than actually getting on in that place, next to my group that she'd split me from, but she waited for the next chair anyway. Twisted Evil I could seriously have wrapped my pole around her head, but that wouldn't have done much for Anglo-Italian relations...

Anyway, PsychoBabble, not a sign of your age, just of having a few standards and wishing people to show some civility.

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Mon 23-02-09 19:28; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
Schuss in Boots wrote:
PsychoBabble, I should be so lucky.. rolling eyes Laughing

Are you really Kylie ? NehNeh Toofy Grin
latest report
radios have saved me a LOT of hassle but agree that it is really an off-piste tool
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
geepee, You should know.... you've skied behind me.... NehNeh Laughing Laughing
snow report
Lou wrote:
If anyone feels they can text, photograph etc on a poma lift, good luck to them Madeye-Smiley

Fairly straight forward, even on a snowboard.
ski holidays
prog99, I've bloody injected on a drag lift Laughing
ski holidays
I hate it when the totty gets on the chair lift after me leaving me to go up on my own Confused
ski holidays
Oh p¡ss off the lot of you, you wouldn't know grumpy even I smacked you upside yer head Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
Scarpa wrote:
prog99, I've bloody injected on a drag lift Laughing

Tis true, I have seen you do so, on several occasions.
ski holidays
Masque, Naturally, I assumed the thread title was a reference to your goodself Very Happy
latest report
Boredsurfing wrote:

e) walkie talkie users, do they know how stupid they sound?

Really?
snow report
Boredsurfing, Sit on this and swivel bumwipe
snow report
Masque, Technology and old age, it just don't work, do it?
snow conditions
Boredsurfing, Ha! most of this lot can't recognise a fork let alone use a microwave
ski holidays
skisimon wrote:
Though the sheer rudeness was enough anyway, she made matters worse, rather than actually getting on in that place, next to my group that she'd split me from, but she waited for the next chair anyway. Twisted Evil I could seriously have wrapped my pole around her head, but that wouldn't have done much for Anglo-Italian relations...

release the bitch's binding as she goes through the gate then look innocent
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy