Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which Warren Smith DVD to get?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I like to think of myself as a reasonable intermediate skier but have probably not paid enough attention to my technique over the years as I should have done (lessons being a tad too expensive during the student years). To make amends (and prior to getting a lesson or two in Whistler in March now I've got a job), I wanted to invest in a Warren Smith DVD just to point me in the right direction. There seems to be a range of his DVDs- from lesson 1 through to 4- but no real indication (even on his website) as to what's covered in each DVD. This may be slightly stupid question but, heck, I'm going to ask it. Should I start at lesson 1 or with a quite a few weeks' skiing under my belt, can I move on to 2 or 3? At 16 quid a pop I don't really want to buy lesson 1 and discover it covers basic territory only.

Cheers for the advice.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Tommy4681, 1 through to 4 is better IMHO.Having had a few sessions with Warren and the team its is better to get into their Mantra from the start.
It is, of course is relevant to what your perceived level is? but the whole point of WSA is that they break your skiing down a rebuild it skill set by skill set,drill by drill and even a relatively advanced skier ,say someone like me who learnt to ski 25 +yrs ago will benefit from new more modern techniques of skiing.
The lesson1 DVD starts at an intermediate level as most people who get tuition fron the WSA team are intermediates and above.Basic territory it may be, but it is a new way of sking for most and as such should be followed all the way through. Hope this helps.
By the way the 'snowdome sessions' they do in May and Sept are a good way of introducing yourself to the team and good value.Try one.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cheers for the post, hedley. Very useful.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy