Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

help please ski-ing 14th March self drive

Poster: A snowHead
Hi - can you help.

We were supposed to be in Les arcs 1950 this week but unfortunatley i have had an emergency appendectimy - going to give myself 3 weeks to recover then i will be able to do some light ski-ing.

We are looking for a good resort, child friendly - will be putting a 5 year old in ski school - 10 year old can do reds but needs ski school to learn to use poles and become faster - hubby a good Black run skier. I will need something pretty to look at if im unable to ski that much.

We are driving so max 9 hours from the uk please .

Hubby is in desperate need of some snow.

Thanks
Shell
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I know 2 options that I have visited myself...

Les deux alpes, 8h45 from the tunnel. Fairly pretty, LOTS of light skiing in the village itself (a dozen of poma's) Fairly nice town.

Wengen/Grindelwald. 8h20 from the tunnel, prettier, non-skier can get around easily on trains and cablecars to meet up with the family up the mountain.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There's a group of SH's in Les Deux Alpes 7-21 March, so some company around if you wanted to meet up with us for gentle skiing (see my sig link). No, not the prettiest place, but lots to do and the resort's nearly all flat which would make walking about easier for you. There are quite a lot of pedestrian accessible lifts too.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Shell, will your insurance company cover you ?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Should also be a group in Wengen, 14-21 'MSB' Mid season bash.... If admin pulls it together, nothing 'public/formal' yet...
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Docs say no problem with travelling so insrance will be fine - also have a shreaded cartlidge as well that get operated on in April - so im a bundle of laughs -

Need snow holiday for hubby = so need good conditions - we were going by train but will drive now incase we need to come home for any reason, its a mine field.

I have been looking at Flaine - Les dex alpes - La plagne - but will go anywhere as long as it has good snow and suit the kids ( ski school)

Totally flexable will book direct apartment with owners as there seems to be loads around - i just need to be told which resort will be best Laughing Laughing Laughing

No Pressure on you guys then - my hubbys happiness depends on it wink wink
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ok Booked the ferry now - no turning back arrive in Zebrugge 9am on the 14th March - need a destination!!!!!!!!!!!!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Shell, you have a PM
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Shell
Quote:

I have been looking at Flaine

Flaine will suit most of your criteria except you mentioned in your first post that you wanted something pretty to look at. Skiing is fantastic and the scenery is great but the resort is ugly and there is very little to do there if you weren't skiing. Les Carroz is down the road, and has more of a village feel about it.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Dont want ugly -

any views on Les Coches - la plagne anyone????
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
hello Shell
Sorry to hear about op , but hope you are recovering well.Just thought I might mention our apartments in Leogang as after the 14th march kids get a free ski pass, so it is a big saving, we have tons of snow, too much really as many guests are staying indoors today, the hot tub is on as is the sauna. In the village is the Hotel Krallerhof, described in a couple of newspaper / magazines reports as one of the top 6 spa hotels of Europe, and Leogang itself described in another report as one of the top ten best kept 10 secrets in ski resorts.
If you are unable to ski then a day in the Krallerhof would go down a treat, or there is the possibility to try out snow shoe walking on Wednesday afternoons.The ski school here is excellent, and the skiing in general is a mix of blues and reds, but there are some blacks around , number 14 in Hinterglamm should keep hubby happy.Get in touch with me if I have tempted you . Razz
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Shell, we're in Les Carroz and it would tick all of your boxes.... only 7 hours to the coast too!!

Let me know if we can help!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Shell, We are in Les Coches that week and would highly recommend Evolution 2 the ski school there (we will have a selection of kids in ski school from 5-10yrs who all loved it last year) - also the views are great and the snow looks nice and deep on the web cams. Hopefully enough to do if you can't ski much as I may be stuck in the chalet with a new baby.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
we have been looking at that ski school - snow reports arnt faab for the area aoedind to the bbc - we have found a catered chalet for £1000 for 4 of us which looks nice - so a possability
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
lol - cant spell - must be the drugs -

I meant according to the bbc
snow report
http://www.montchavin-lescoches.com/www-meteo_enneigement-913-HIVER-UK.html

looks good to me
ski holidays
Shell, Snowforecasts 9 day forecast is showing snow from mon next week but last year we stayed in montchavin and although it hadn't snowed for over a month it was fine - looks like tons more fallen already on web cam history than this time last year too (may all be hopeful thinking). Sounds like a great deal too - hope we see you there
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy