Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs - through American eyes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Susan Reifer reports for the US Ski Magazine on Les Arcs, Paradiski, Arc 1950, Intrawest etc. etc.
Quote:
Back at Arc 1950, my new French and British friends are waiting in the Hemingway with wine and typical Savoyard platters of dried meat. Horses pull squealing skiers through the village as part of the daily après entertainment, then out past the cranes marking the development's next phase. The French were skeptical at first, but now they too are buying in. "C'est jolie," they say with a kind of delighted surprise. "It's pretty," I hear again and again. And in the world of French resorts, that's rare praise, indeed.

But was it a case of surrender?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:
...its resorts are far from the intimate Savoyard villages of our imaginations ...resemble giant cruise ships... beached amid a high Sahara of snow. Nowhere is this more true than at Les Arcs

Patronising nonsense. This may apply to Arc 2000 (and to a lesser extent the other Arcs), Flaine, Tignes and Les Menuires but what about the other 100-odd ski stations? Most of which, er, *are* villages! Arc 1950 may be luxurious but it looks like any other rather soul-less and artificial IntraWest development.

The writer needs to get out (to France - to real French resorts) more.... on the other hand maybe she should just go to Disneyland.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
... or indeed, take a trip down to the pretty villages that form an integral part of many domains, big and small, in the French Alps. And that includes Les Arcs (Villaroger)...
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

on the other hand maybe she should just go to Disneyland.
which is just what 'main street' Arc 1950 reminded me of. The Hemingway interior 'decor' is largely plastic and that's what you need to pay its prices. But La Ferme in Villaroger is a real building, with real food and real nick nacks for decoration, in a real village. And it's 20 mins away from 1950. The 'beached ship' description is fair for Aime La Plagne. Less so for Les Arcs.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy