Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lindsey Van first women's ski jump world champion

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Lindsey Van during the Women's Normal Hill Individual final at the Ski Jumping competitions of the Nordic World Ski Championships in Liberec, Czech Republic. (AP Photo/Matthias Schrader)
Lindsey Van (USA) become the first women's ski jumping world champion on Friday in Liberec (Czech Republic). Van, who was fourth after her first round jump of 89m, soared into the lead with her second of 97.5m, by far the longest jump of the competition. Ulrike Graessler (Germany) led the first round led after jumping 93.5m and managed 93m in the second to finish second. Anette Sagen (Norway) was third with jumps of 93.5m and 94m.
Women's ski jumping is debuting at this year's Nordic skiing world championships, and the sport hopes to be part of the 2014 Sochi Olympics. It failed to win approval for next year's Vancouver Games despite lobbying from Van and other jumpers....There had been concerns earlier in the week that the debut may have come to soon, when 14-year-old Czech jumper Lucie Mikova crashed in training and was taken to hospital with minor injuries. However, there were no crashes Friday, with six of the 31 starters managing at least one jump over 90m. Nine of the competitors were 15 years or younger and there are still large gaps in ability, with several jumps of less than 60m, but the medalists said they showed they deserve to be at Sochi.

Source: http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2009/02/20/sports/SKI-Nordic-Worlds-Womens-Jump.php
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I originally misread that as Lindsey VONN and immediately thought "**** me, is there nothing on skis this woman can't do?" Embarassed
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy