Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Compagnie du Mont Blanc enforce US style queueing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
joke...
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Having a little half-term frustrations? Laughing
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Fooled me!

Which style of queuing are they going for this year, then?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
rob@rar, actually, Grands Montets car park half empty yesterday. Hearse bumps awesome. Snow fantastic. Broken ribs less so - caused an early bath after a mid pivot sit down. 4 weeks of no exercise is awful!

David Goldsmith, "slightly unruly French with a dash of rude English git" - SRSLY, we were about to get on the bubble, Mrs M in front of me and some rude English git tried to block the path forwards so his (ugly) girlfriend wouldn't have to share a bubble with smelly foreigners on her own. He very rudely shoved Mrs M out the way, then his "girlfriend" "forgot" to get on the bubble with him.

Politely we made absolutely no reference whatsoever as to what a tw@t he was as she sat beside us. She, oddly, made no comment.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
David Murdoch, sympathies for the injury!

Does the Solasie chairlift in Val d'Isere still have a queuing system for busy times which ensures each seat goes up full? That seems to work well last time I was there during a busy time.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
rob@rar, cheers. It's been only 4 weeks and I skied last weekend, so that's not so bad. It's the astonishing lack of fitness that gets me.

Solaise had that queueing system last time I was there.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Its been f busy all week, but Le Tour was completely empty yesterday, had a fantastic day.

It is frustrating when faced with half term queues to see less than full chairs, when a simple singles line could effectively increase capacity by 25% without any manpower implications.

Take it easy David Murdoch, the sight of the GM moguls as I drove back from Valorcine yesterday was impressive.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hmm I "blogged" elsewhere about French "mad loading skillz" - I suspect they are born with a missing synapse which causes a mental disconnect between standng in a line for 15 mins and the desirability of actually getting the right number of people on the chair.

British holiday daydreamers are no better either.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
They have queues in France? Gosh, how quaint!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I liked the queuing system they had in the states - well where we were in Steamboat.

Half a dozen lanes and the attendent used to call out who to move forward etc - as such all chairs were full and there was no pushing.

A couple of them also used to read out Trivial Pursuit questions and give sweets to those who got them right
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
David Murdoch, for one wonderful happy second there I believed it!!!!

jbob, " a simple singles line could effectively increase capacity by 25% without any manpower implications. "

This drives me crazy too! There were primitive attempts at doing it at Le Tour last year, but it didn't seem to be going well.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
in mottaret they have put up "singles lines" on a few of the chairs and seems to have improved things a bit

21st century stuff isnt it.... rolling eyes
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy