Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

french public holidays easter

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
do the french have public hols over easter like we do and will this make the slopes very busy ?
I have found cheap flights with ryanair goign out on thurs before easter and coming back on tues. this is ideal for me as thurs is my day off, fri & mon are bank hols, so I only need to book tues off work and get 4 days skiing !!!
However if i spend all my break in queues it will nto be so good !!
any advice experience most welcomed
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
backhojo, it isn't usually that busy. They don't get Easter Monday like we do.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
backhojo, as Helen said, it's not as busy as other school holidays so if it's your only option you should definietly do it. Make sure you have accommodation sorted before you book your flights. Non-standard accommodation over Easter is not widely available in some resorts.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
i could go the weekend before but would need to take more time off work.
I did a google and it says monday is a public holiday ?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
backhojo, from my experience (the last 5 easters) I'd agree with the comments above - I don't think you'd find significant problems and those flights sound absolutely ideal. However I'd also strongly echo Rob's point about accommodation - because your dates would straddle 2 normal weeks there are obviously some places which would be very reluctant to do an Easter long weekend booking. If you find a good one, I'd snap it up immediately.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
thanks. just looking for accom now.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
backhojo, ask on Chalets Direct.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Helen Beaumont wrote:
backhojo, ask on Chalets Direct.

thanks !!! forgot about that ! it worked for me last year. thanks for the reminder
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
thought it was you on Chalets Direct...................... so not Alpe D'huex or Flaine.......... why not come to Les Carroz??

(ah forgot you already are!!)
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We DO get Easter Monday, but we DON'T get Good Friday. However, Paris school holidays coincide with Easter this year.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
marcellus wrote:
thought it was you on Chalets Direct...................... so not Alpe D'huex or Flaine.......... why not come to Les Carroz??

(ah forgot you already are!!)

Very Happy Very Happy
yep - see you in a few weeks !!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Patch, knew that there was one holiday they didn't get.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
French school holidays from the horse's mouth:

http://www.education.gouv.fr/calendrier.php?annee=4

Looks like Easter is staggered.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
altis, All their holidays are staggered except for August. 4 week period with Zones having different 2 weeks each year on a revolving basis - how sensible is that? You know right up to 2020 or further when your hols will be ... Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
easiski,

Paris week has finished so hopefully a few less Mono boards next week wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy