Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

LINE Prophet 90 or SCOTT Crusade

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
anyone skied these? how do they compare on and off piste
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I nearly bought a pair of Cruasades earlier this season after demoing them at MK (I know, hardly a good test...). I went for Prophet 90s in the end though, partly because I wanted a twin and partly because I'm quite light.

Crusades felt like they'd be great for railing pistes and charging through crud, but they felt pretty heavy...if you're reasonably powerfully built then I'd go with them. If not, or you just want something softer then I'd think about the 90s - they're a nice feel and haven't let me down yet, either on piste or in pow.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've got a pair of very similar Prophet 100s, which are excellent in soft snow and anything off-piste. Nothing special on harder pistes, but they cope ok for a fat powder ski. I'm no lightweight at 85 kg and ski fast but chilled. They're fairly soft but well damped and not at all floppy at speed. In fact they like to carry a bit of speed and longer radius turns. They're a fun ski to be on in fresh snow. No idea about the Crusades, but I'd imagine the sidecut is more aggressive.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
thanks guys, went with the prophets. just a bit easier on the legs i think. i am 1m 72 and was weighing up the 179s as i am 90kg. I do however have to ski with a damaged knee- broke ACL, Medial, Cruciate ligaments ia a bad fall. Repaired at great expense but still will always have to ski with carbon knee brace so eventually decided on the 172 to make it an easier ski. I also love the trees so wanted a shorter radius for that. Time will tell if i should have gone longer but its only 7mm so shouldnt think the two ski that differently anyways.
Cheers again.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It's not just the length that changes, the flex will be softer too. At 90kg I think you've made a mistake going for the 172. I'm 85kg and find the 186 just about ideal. I wouldn't want them any softer. Plus they're a proper twin tip, so ski pretty short anyway.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy