Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing within one/two hours of Geneva

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

flying to Geneva for 3 days skiing in mid March.
With a group of 30 something lads so looking for good apres ski and good skiing.
Have narrowed it down to either Chamonix or Morzine.
Anybody have any other ideas or would the two mentioned above be suitable.

Thanks,
K
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kaiserchief, both sound like they'd be good for both skiing and apres. Might come down to where you can find the odd 3 days accommodation most easily. Are your "lads" all similar standard skiers, looking for similar sort of territory? If not, you might find yourselves heading for opposite ends of the Chamonix valley.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Grand Massif is on the same junction you come off the motorway to Morzine but is nearer. It has 265 km piste with Flaine/La Carroz/Morilon/Sameon fully linked together.

La Clusaz/Grand Bonard is another possibility but smaller and on the opposite side of the motorway you come down to Chamonix.

Domain Evasion has 300km piste from Megeve/St. Gervais/Rochebrune and is near than Chamonix. It branches off after Sallanche.

Morzine is fully linked with Les Gets but there is a gondola to Avoriaz at a stone throw distance from Morzine so you can access the Swiss side of the Port du Soleil too.

For snow condition my order of preference would be Les Gets/Morzine/Avoriaz, Grand Massif and Domain Evasion. Not been La Clusaz myself but Chamonix is the one to rely on when snow is bad elsewhere.

Do forget you can get to Courmayeur of Italy which is just on the other end of the Mont Blanc tunnel. Verbier of course is just 37 miles from Chamonix via the mountain pass Col de Forclaz.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
kaiserchief, my suggestion for 30+ lads would be Chamonix followed by Morzine.......... NOT Grand MAssif!!

(I think that's a 1st for me......... telling someone not to come to Grand Massif)
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
marcellus,
Quote:

(I think that's a 1st for me......... telling someone not to come to Grand Massif)

I got the feeling 30 skiers may add crowd to Grand Massif in general, especially if they access via Les Carroz?

I suppose the enjoyment of a resort depends also on the level of skill. Les Gets/Morzine/Avoriaz is much friendlier to beginners and early intermediates than Chamonix. It is a lot larger too. The facilities in Cham are unlinked and busing 30 skiers around may prove a real challenge.

Somewhere near to Morzine will enable the beginners enjoy the flat piste in Les Gets while the experts can fly to Swiss side of Porte du Soleil or attempt the "wall of death" in Avoriaz which is within a walking distance to the gondola or by a short ride on a fun fair type train on wheels.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
saikee wrote:
marcellus,
Quote:

I got the feeling 30 skiers may add crowd to Grand Massif in general, especially if they access via Les Carroz?

It wasn't the day time activities which I was thinking of..................... Shocked
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy