Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

One day in March… Leysin, Ovronnaz, Gryon/Villars, Nax, Morgins….?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Well two separate days actually. We are off to Nendaz for a week in March, and as we are driving will be able to Ski on the Saturdays at both ends of the week. As there are so many ski resorts near to the route there we are thinking of having these two days somewhere other than the 4 Valleys.

So, where would be good for a group of reasonably competent skiers, can ski pretty much any groomed piste, and don’t mind modest bumps, but not really looking for off-piste for these two days. It needs to be no than 15 miles or so off the motorway from Lausanne to Sion, easy to get to, and we need to be able to park easily near the uplift. As we will need to either get to Nendaz after skiing, or come from there in the morning it will be for shortish days, so maybe smaller resorts where we wouldn’t go for a week would be suitable.

Anyone any ideas, good suggestions?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
RobinS, We spent our Xmas holiday based in Sion and skied a few of the smaller resorts around that area. Take a look here for my feedback on those we went to.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Villars links to Les Diablerets and has quite a lot of variety and is pretty extensive. I've only been up from the Les Diablerets side, where there is a lot of free parking (but a 5-10 minute walk uphill in ski boots to the lift).

Leysin is mainly south facing - so great for sun although can be too much of a good thing later in the season. Good views of Lake Geneva from the top. Parking and traffic can be congested

One other suggestion is the Glacier at Les Diablerets (Glacier 3000). There's not much to recommend the skiing on the Glacier itself (flat, with long drag lifts) but there's a great long run off the back of the Glacier that also links in with another chairlift and separate piste. It's enough to keep you happy for one day, and there's a good restaurant in the top cable car station. Also the views from there are pretty spectacular. Free parking besides the cable car bottom station. It's never been busy when I've been there.

On the other side of the Rhone valley, I've used Champery several times as the entry point for the Porte du Soleil. Easy parking either by the main cable car station, or at the chairlift at the end of the valley.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ovronnaz worth a day; Anzere a day or two. Crans-Montana also good, and much bigger.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
homphomp, Thanks, Anzere looks like it could be a candidate, some of the others might be a bit far off-route, as any extra distance will be tacked onto a full overnight drive from the UK!

Julian T, Useful info about the easy parking at Champery, very important as after an all night drive you really don't want lots af hassle finding somewhere to park, I have skied that part of the PDS from Torgon, but the others haven't. Les Diablerets is a bit further diversion off the main road.

Has anyone been to Ovronnaz or Nax?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yeah I spent a day in Ovronnaz. It is a small reasonably varied area, worth a day but no more. Twisty road up to it from the valley. Both Anzere and Ovronnaz are mainly south-facing so the snow can suffer late season.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy