Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Resort recommendation for Austria 22 March?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi there,

I am looking to book a holiday to Austria for the week of 22 March.

Could anyone give me a recommendation of resorts where the snow is likely to be good at this toie of year.

I am going with my boyfriend. We are wanting to ski and snowboard and would possibly look at intermediate level tuition for both for a couple of days.

We were looking to find somewhere for around £300. I have come across some good deals in Niederau and Soll but have read conflicting snow reports for Niederau.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Rachel Smile
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
welcome to snowHead

If you're looking to go as a couple then I would just leave it unitl a couple of weeks before you want to go, and then look on the likes of ifyouski.com for some last minute deals.

That way you'll have a better idea of the snow conditions (it's impossible to predict in a months time which resorts will have the best snow) and you should be able to get deals to enable you to get close to your budget.

Enjoy wherever you end up going - and don't stress to much about 'the right resort' it if It's a 1st or 2nd holiday - all ski resorts are great - some might just have the odd factor that gives them a bit more appeal than others...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks.

I was thinkng of leaving it until the last minute but wasn't sure if it would be more expensive. Looks like that will probably be the better option. I would have liked to go earlier to almost guarantee snow but I can't get any time off work until that week.

I've been on two ski holidays - once to Lofer (Austria) and once to Pila in Italy but both a few years ago now so I think I will need a refresher! My boyfriend has only been on the dry ski slopes and to Xscape.

I don't really mind which resort - as long as there's a few bars around and we're not too far from the slopes (ideally no more than 2 hours transfer time from the airport) I will keep looking for a few possibilities and then book nearer the time.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Rachel123, The odds are there will be snow pretty well everywhere that week this year.

It is only just over 4 weeks away, and the general base they have in just about all of Austria is so good that it would take a very serious thaw to get rid of it.

I'm going to be in Ellmau that week (just up the valley from Soll, same ski area), and am watching the webcams and weather reports avidly already Smile

If there is significant melting, Soll would be slightly better than Neiderau (although they are only about 5 miles apart as the crow flies), because the top of the ski area is a bit higher and more extensive.

If I was getting a similar priced offer for similar quality accommodation in Soll or Neiderau, then as an intermediate skier, I would choose Soll very time, due to the far more extensive skiing. But if it is significantly cheaper in Neiderau, or a significantly better hotel, then I would be willing to go for Neiderau (having only been there once, when there was virtually no snow in January '07).
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hello Rachel

I just had a look at flight with Ryanair on the 21/3 returning 28/3, the total cost is pounds 15 for both of you return. I can offer you an apartment , 7 nights with a 7 day car rental picking up at Salzburg for € 675 . The only extra would be any bags you need to book on with the airline. Our snow holds very well , right up to end April as the runs down to the village are North facing. It has snowed very heavily here for the last week and we are set up now , and should be good to the 18/April end of season. Our ski school can offer 3 days at € 137 or 4 days at € 147 or 5 at 157€. We are just 20 minutes from Lofer, so you know roughly the area , but the skiing here is linked with Saalbach and Hinterglemm, so there is plenty to go at. If you need more help send me a PM, or look us up on holiday-rentals.co.uk No 67056. The flights wont last long at that price so if you are interested at all I would get them booked. Dont wait as it wont come cheaper than 15 pounds return for 2.!!! Razz Razz Razz
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy