Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easter "Glisse" offer Portes du Soleil

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone give me any information regarding the Glisse offer at easter in the Portes du Soleil area. As I understand it, after 4 April under 12's get free accommodation and ski pass when travelling with a paying adult. I am struggling though to find what accommodation this applies to. Has anyone used the offer in previous years or booked for this year?
Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
dianew, Can't offer any help but will watch this post avidly seeing how I am skint rolling eyes but considering a family easter holiday wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
dianew wrote:
Can anyone give me any information regarding the Glisse offer at easter in the Portes du Soleil area. As I understand it, after 4 April under 12's get free accommodation and ski pass when travelling with a paying adult. I am struggling though to find what accommodation this applies to. Has anyone used the offer in previous years or booked for this year?
Thanks

Just did a quick google search and found this, The ''Glisse'' offer: from 4th April 2009, one child goes free per paying adult! One free child's Portes du Soleil liftpass (under 12yrs) per adult Portes ...
www.portesdusoleil.com/en_winter/ski-passes/prices

unfortunately i can't access the website due to my work network restrictions Evil or Very Mad but looks like it's a lift pass offer.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Gregd,
Quote:

unfortunately i can't access the website due to my work network restrictions

snowheads excepted? Puzzled wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
dianew, this is from Les Gets website

FAMILY STAY : Easter, the mountains belong to your children !
From 04/04/2009 to the end of the season

FAMILY STAY : Easter, the mountains belong to your children !... and benefit from a mountain of additional advantages in the village*

Book your ski-passes with your accommodation, for each Portes du Soleil ski-pass (6-day adult) bought; 1 ski-pass child (under 12 years) free! (on "hands free " support):

Stay for 2 adults and 2 children under 12 years+2 adult ski-passes and 2 child ski-passes (free)6-days Portes du Soleil :

- 7 nights in a 2-room flat** :609.00 €
- 7 nights half-board in a hotel** :2011.00 €

Examples of variables rates valid only for pre-reservation. Rate include mentioned service + reservation fees but not 'cancellation insurance or visitor's tax .*(see the list of avantages
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for your replies. The problem I'm finding is that the Portes du Soleil website suggests that you only have to stay a minimum of 2 nights and that to find out more you just need to contact the reservations office of any one of the 12 areas the PDS pass covers. The trouble is that they don't appear to know much about it. The Morzine office said you had to stay a minimum of 6 nights (we only need 4). It's not easy to find detailed information about it which is a shame because it looks like a great offer!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Lou wrote:
Gregd,
Quote:

unfortunately i can't access the website due to my work network restrictions

snowheads excepted? Puzzled wink

Yeah, weird but i'm not complaining too much snowHead Laughing
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've managed to find some more information for those that are interested.

The hotels in Morzine that are participating in the offer are as follows:

In case you have not received my e-mail, here is the list of hotels where you can have the "forfait glisse":

LE DAHU*** +33 (0) 450 75 92 92
CHAMPS FLEURIS*** +33 (0) 450 79 14 44
NEIGE ROC*** +33 (0) 450 79 03 21

FLORIMONTANE** +33 (0) 450 79 03 87
HERMINE BLANCHE** + 33 (0) 450 75 76 55
SPORTING** +33 (0) 450 79 15 03
ALPEN ROC** +33 (0) 450 75 75 43
PETIT CHEVAL BLANC** +33 (0) 450 79 13 89
LAURY'S** +33 (0) 450 79 06 10

I've also spoken to one of the chalets that we are considering staying at and she said that they can get the offer of free child pass with an adults pass but that it does have to be for a 6 day pass. Working it out though it is cheaper for us to buy a 6 day pass for 2 adults with the 2 free kids than to buy 4 day passes for all 4 of us. Saves about 50 euros - it all counts!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy