Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Can you do a week in the 3V cheaper than this?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ok maybe early December you can get even cheaper accommodation....
and I thought this was going to work out cheaper than it did when I wrote it all down - wish I hadn't now.

Just booked: Sat 14th to Sat 21st March
4 Flights RyanAir East Midlands to Grenoble (7.50 return inc tax - a loss leader surely the tax is more than that) = £30
4 bags and check-in charge = £114 grrrr! - that's how they pay the tax...
No card charge with Visa Electron and a free lift to the airport.

Apartment for 4 in La Tania for £400 all in. Free car parking.
Car Hire = £153 - We'll gamble on the need for no chains as usual unless forecast is bad (good).
Fuel = £45
Tolls = £20
Food kitty - visit to Champion in Moutiers en route = £300

So the basics work out at £266 each.

And trying to be realistic....
4 x Ski Hire / Lift Pass £1150 (got boots) - suppose this could be classified as a basic really.
Happy Hour drinks in the ski lodge 5 pints / 6 nights a week at 3 Euros a pint (researched this bit) = £360
Say 2 (decent) evening meals out and extra drinking say £75 each/night = £600
and 2 lunches out (sarnies the other days) say £20 each/lunch = £160

And the extras = £568 each.

Bet it works out as a grand each though - should I have waited for £199 catered chalets with flights becoming available as a discount frenzy hits the end of the season?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kkev, Very Happy five pints in hour - good lad!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I stayed in Val Thorens for a similar price in Jan 08, I think it worked out about €650 each including a private transfer up from Grenoble. We had a ski in ski out apartment, it was deadly. I'm jealous. Have a great time!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just back from Tignes and its worked out at £750 each for four of us.Catered chalet booked last minute for £300 helped and we didnt go out much.Great chalet though and good value i think?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
10 years ago, TGL and I booked a "last minute to apartment in 3 Valleys" on the Thursday night before setting off on the Saturday! (Snowbusters was the outfit, doubtless long since out of business.) On arrival, we found we were allocated an apartment in Courchevel 1850, which had walls, a roof and a ski room, but not much else!

Flights and accommodation were about £150 each. Even with airport parking, lift passes, ski hire, lessons and takewaway pizzas every night, all in cost was under £500 a pop. Happy days. Fab snow and sun all week as well.

Rather different this year for 4 of us with Ski Esprit. Still happy days though. Smile
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Not 3V but:

Chamonix next week - return flight Jet2 LBA-GVA £38, transfer to from resort €50, skis and boots and apartment and lift pass and booze and food - already bought them.

Therefore one weeks skiing about £85 (marginal not average cost admitedly) Smile
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Oh - and I'll need a few pints in the local so I can use the wi-fi, but as I will be working I should making money and therefore that's a negative cost - gosh it'll be free at this rate.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
My cheapest recent trip I think was Passo Tonale in March 2006. Paid £429 for the holiday (half board hotel, flights, transfers AND lift pass!), then an extra £55 for ski carriage and flight supplements. Spent less than €50 during the week...

I've never been able to match that since...

Uni trips to France in the late 80s/90s usually worked out around the £300 mark for shoebox apartment and coach travel, lift passes and ski hire were about £150 on top of that. Never took more than £100 spending money...

Nowadays I try to keep to an £800 all-in budget but usually end up spending nearer a grand...
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
My uni trip to the 3v was cheaper than that. £400 for coach, accomodation, 6 day area pass, insurance, mountain meal one night and loads of drinks offers. I cheated heavily on the food front though by taking a huge amount of frozen curry with me as didn't want to pay for meals and couldn't be bothered cooking while on holiday and had packed lunches each day. Best penny saving tip, pick up a 48 cans of kronenburg on the ferry for £20 and split the cost with a friend. Think I spent £520 in total including gold standard ski hire, twinner sports, massive discounts if you book on the internet. Dicks tea bar early on, pints 1 euro rising to 2, then 4 and then shockingly 8. we always made sure we'd had our fill prefereably before it became 4 for a pint and never paid 8.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy