Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Club GB Rep - Les Arcs/La Plagne

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello, we are coming to Les Couches for the first time on Saturday 21st for 6 days and being ski club members would like to make use of the rep service and they have them in Les Arcs and La Plagne. I see Les Couches is kind of in the middle of the two with access via the Vanoise Express. Can anyone offer advice as to which would be the best and quickest area to go to for their meeting times? We are one advanced and one intermediate level.

Les Arcs they meet at 09.30am at the bottom of the Chantel lift 20
La Plagne it's 09.30am at the bottom of the Arpette lift

Thank you!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you're meeting on the Sunday then its 09:45 for a first meet up. If your in Les Coches (no u) then you can easily get to the VE on the Les Arcs side for 09:45, take the Plan Bois or the Lac Noir (whichever is nearest) and ski down to the VE. Quick trip over the VE and take the Peisey lift (right in front of you as you come off the VE). Then at the top of the peisey lift, turn left and go down the hill a little and go past the bottom station of the 2300 or '66' lift, carry on down for 50 yds and turn right onto a cat-track, nip along this until you go past the bottom of the Derby lift and keep going straight 'across', ie go past the bottom of the derby and don't turn left - this is another cat-track that then widens out and takes you into 1800, as you get into 1800 you'll see the transarc bubble above you but don't head for it, keep going a littl bit striaighter and leave the big red fence on the left hand-side and slide round to the right past the trees. Past the 'vagere' lift and the Chantel lift is right in front of you. Takes 15 minutes from the bottom of the Peisey lift..

For the La Plagne meeting point, it's Plan Bois or Lac Noir, then Bijolin lifts in quick succession then drop straight down 300 yds and up salla, from their it's a straight and fairly well signed posted run down into bellecote. According to Perso La Plagne it's 16 minutes for the 3 lifts (assuming lac noir) Allow 3 minutes to ski from Bijolin to Salla and perhaps 7 or 8 from the top of Salla into Bellecote. Total time I would suggest is 25-30 minutes. I normally aim to make plagne centre in 40 minutes from the VE, so that makes sense timings wise.

In Les Arcs the lifts are now open for 09:00 for the holiday perioda, and assuming the same is the case in La Plagne, then you can possibly make both meeting points. However given that if you're unlucky you can take 20 minutes on the VE and you've got some 'travel time' to get to it, then I would recommend going for the Rep in La Plagne to start with, as you've got more chance of making that consistently for 09:30...

Enjoy...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Bluebell
If you look at the ski club website the next Rep in Les Arcs (James) has put 10am as his starting time... so if he sticks to that you will have no problem meeting him.
We had someone skiing with us from Montchavin - ( a really good skier) - who couldnt make the start times in La Plagne. I dont know the lift set up over there ... Bertie seems to think you can make it - Maybe Les Coches is nearer the meet point??

Your best bet always is to phone the rep - Even if you cant make a start time they may be able to meet you somewhere if they have room in the goup.

Have a great time!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
bertie bassett, Thank you so much for this information. Much appreciated. I've printed it off to take!

I've pre-registered us with the rep but will also call his mobile to say what days we are keen to join him as we won't be able to make their social hour bar and I gather the groups are on a 'first come first served' basis. They must be used to people staying in Les Coches and wanting to ski with them, so with any luck we will meet up with them.

Thank you both Cool
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy