Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski stunting?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
What exactly is this? does it mean anything at all in the terrain park, or something else entirely?

All i can find out from the insurance company is that i'm not covered for ski stunting - i asked what this was and got the reply 'you are not covered for ski stunting but you can purchase this extra cover for an additional £18'. useful rolling eyes .

I quite like having a little shot in the terrain park, but i'm not that fussed about it if it's not covered. more incentive to find terrain features to injure myself on!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

Ski Acrobatics/ Aerial/Ski Stunting
Aerial skiing which is also known as ski aerobatic is where the skiers are launched 60 feet into the air off a ski jump made of snow called a kicker. While the skier is in the air they will normally perform a combination somersaults and twists (up to 4 or 5) they will then land on a steep slope just below the jumps. Aerial skiers have a number of rules and regulations they must adhere to. They may not attempt inverted aerials until they are certified with a certain amount of hours of performing manoeuvres the skiers may also not attempt double manoeuvres until the age of 16 and triple manoeuvres until the age of 18.

Currently quad back flips are not legal although they have been performed on the snow. The sport is judged on a point’s basis, for scoring the points are divided up between take off, jump form, landing and the degree of difficulty of the manoeuvres performed.

Ski Aerialist will also train in the summer months, the skiers will jump from specially created water ramps, and the skier will perform the jumps into a very large swimming pool. The specialized ramp is made from a wooden ski ramp, which is then completely covered in a special plastic mat, when the ramp is lubricated it will allow the skier to ski down and towards the jump with ease. This technique will enable the skier to ski off the wooden jump practise there manoeuvres and then land safely into a swimming pool.

The pool has a device at the bottom that will send a burst of air up from the bottom of the pool just before the skier lands this breaks up the surface of the water which will soften the impact for the skier. The skis that the competitors use in this event have all been reinforced with 1/4 inch of fibreglass. The Skiers also train using more conventional acrobatic devices to assist them with there manoeuvres, like trampolines and diving boards which simulate the height.

http://www.vayago.com/ski-stunting.asp
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Aaaah, excellent, thanks. think i've seen that stuff before, definitely won't be doing that!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy