Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val Cenis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Well having got back from La Toussuire a week ago, am starting to look at options for next year. Has anyone ski'd Val Cenis.

If so what are its good and bad points and is their a web site i can find self catering chalets on.

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's a nice ski area with decent vertical and varied slopes. It's smaller than Les Sybelles but big enough for a week, especially since it is now linked to Termignon. It's not too busy, mostly north facing runs and nice tree line skiing at bottom. It's further to drive than La Toussuire but would not take much longer as only 1/2 hour after motorway end.

For accommodation including large capacity apartments you can have a look at http://www.peakretreats.co.uk/ski/val-cenis.htm. There aren't too many self-catering chalets available but you could try the tourist office.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
XS
Peak Retreats http://www.peakretreats.co.uk
Ski Collection http://www.skicollection.co.uk
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I went there for 17th-24th jan this year and thought it as a very nice village. There was a good variety of runs to cater for all levels of skier and there was alot of fresh snow when i was there. The nightlife there was limited but i feel this is only a minor negative as some of the bars stayed open until about 1-2 am. Also the lift pass and ski hire is very cheap compared to many other resorts even though there is still quite alot of good standard lifts. I booked my holiday through thomson and got a good deal through them staying in Balcons de Val Cenis Village apartments which were very nice, perfect location about 1-2 mins from lift and abpout 30 seconds from supermarket and hire shop. I think they ,oght have self catering accomodation on http://www.valcenis.com/index_hiver_uk.htm

Hope this has helped
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks to all that replied, will seriously look at this for next years adventure. I like the smaller resorts, so this may well be up our street so to speak.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We are off there in April. 2 main villages Lanslevillard and Lanselbourg connected now to another village Termingon.
We booked with www.residhotel.com
The apartment for 6 (not even the cheapest, can pay less for smaller size) cost us €320 for a week and the residence includes a free indoor pool with sauna etc. It's a few metres from teh nearest lift, not too far to ski school either and ski to the door. The ice rink is not too far, or the cinema, ski hire shops, supermarket and restaurants. Nothing is more than 500m away.
Will post what it is like when we return.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi went for the day a couple of years ago good skiing and at the end of the day the bars are lines up alomg the bottom of the slopes facing the sun a great way to end the day. Try www.skibed.com or co.uk they do modern apartments in Termingon and Val Cenis dirt cheap and they offer fuuly inclusive deals with ski hire and passes included.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy