Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Summer ISIA training in a fridge

Poster: A snowHead
If we could source a BASI Trainer (which I think I can), would anyone be up for a couple of weekend training sessions in a fridge over the summer / autumn?

One option might be approach PSG at Hemel.

Alternatively, I know a trainer who might be willing to run something at Tamworth. (Not ideal for me, but a heck of a lot easier to get to than a glacier.)

Thoughts?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
FlyingStantoni, sounds very expensive!!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
beanie1 - you never know what people might be prepared to do unless you ask and all that.

(I've already dropped PSG a note to ask.)

One way of keeping the cost down would be to make it less than 100% contact time. Something with 3 hours input over the day with practise time in between would help with costs. It does rather assume that the trainer could do other stuff in between, but that would probably be less of an issue with PSG.

beanie1 - would you be interested if the price was right? (And what would be the right price?)
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
FlyingStantoni, potentially. Unfortunately however I've recently become a victim of the credit crunch and am about to be made redundant Sad

So i guess it depends on if I've managed to find a job by then! If I haven't then I don't expect to still be in this country...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sad indeed. Very sorry to hear that. Though an excellent excuse to get Scott, Rob and I to buy your beers wink

Just to say that PSG has responded in what must be a new land-speed record and said he'd potentially be interested. I've said that I'll see if we can raise a group.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'd be interested, although would be more keen on getting an Adaptive group together to work towards 2nd discipline.

beanie1, sorry to hear that Sad
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
In his note PSG said he was meeting someone from Diability Snowsports UK today. I can't imagine that he'll have anything to feed back immediately, but it's good to know that something's in progress.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
FlyingStantoni, I'd be up for that in principle - obviously depending on dates. The feedback was I need a bit of tech work before I'm ready to do the L2 coach course, so anything heading that way that would be good. Not keen on the Tamworth option, but Hemel sounds good.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
i am interested in gates training, Glen did say he would run a special group if it was a fairly regular timeslot and he has some forewarning... not too interested in general training indoors though...
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
skimottaret, you've already passed your ISIA tech!! You should be spending all your time snowboarding or telemarking....
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Anyone know if Hemel are contemplating doing lower level BASI courses split over weekends? Kinda interested but don't really want to take a week off.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
fatbob, i think other indoor slopes do it that way so i don't see why Hemel wouldn't?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
FlyingStantoni, Would the trainer be able to revalidate existing ISIAs at the same time ?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ski, as I understand it doing any BASI course counts as refreshing.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
beanie1 wrote:
fatbob, i think other indoor slopes do it that way so i don't see why Hemel wouldn't?

Ah found a Level 1 in July might think about
snow report
Err, no idea ski.

I can ask.
latest report
Definitely might be interested depending on dates - planning on doing the L2 in Hintertux (I think PSG might be doing one of the groups) from the 27th July to 7th August. Thereafter planning on getting up to Scotland for a couple of weeks but not back in work until Thursday the 3rd September, so have time that I could allocate to training.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy