Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Esprit - Resort and Accomm recommendations please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
For those who have been with Ski Esprit which are their best resorts and accommodations? Any to avoid?

We were going to go with them last year and had lots of good advice on here particularly from thefatcontroller, thanks very much, but unfortunately we had to cancel at the last minute so we are trying again this year!

We are flexible and will probably go within the next 4 or 5 weeks, they seem to have loads of availability at the moment for the rest of the season and so we should still have a reasonable choice.

We are fancying that new hotel they have in Belle Plagne or the Peisey chalets or the Les Arcs chalets. Or possibly Obergurgl or Scheffau. We would quite like a swimming pool.

We have a 4 year old who can already ski, nice controlled snowplough turns, bit slow but very steady! and use the carpet and button on his own. So I am a bit bothered about Esprit's Spritelets classes as although he is the age for Spritelets, if all they do is have a lesson in the Jardin de Neige then that's no good as he's above that level. We tried the ESF Jardin in Les Houches just after new year and it didn't really work out. Has anyone else had this situation? Do they take them into the Sprites classes instead?

Also I would be quite interested to know in which of their french resorts they use a school which is not the ESF.

Anything else I need to know? Should consider?

Many thanks snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We have done two fantastic trips with Esprit, the first to Les Arcs staying in Altitude and the second to Montchavin.

We had probably our best holiday with children in Montchavin which was all due to the staff (it was Esprits last year in Montchavin otherwise we would be going back). We used Evolution 2 ski school and as our 4 year old had skiied at the local dry slope thay were happy to take him in the Sprites class. Because he got on so well in the ski school we booked independently this year with Riders Republic in Les Coches (hot tub, no pool!) so that he could use the same ski school and although we will miss all the esprit staffs support Evolution 2 provide a lunch club which gives us enough time to ski in the morning before picking up the kids for fun in the afternoon.

Esprit staff move between resorts a lot during a season and the ones we asked last year recomended both Peisey and Belle Plagne (although not the ESF) and although they didn't like working in Les Arcs we enjoyed our holiday there but it isn't as close to the slopes or luxurious as Belle Plagne or Peisey. The Esprit staff also recommended that we stay away from their bigger resorts as you don't get to know the staff as well - all the child care staff came to our chalet to play and chat with the kids every afternoon.

Finally I suggested Belle Plagne to a friend when we got back last year, she booked and came back last week and booked straight away for next year (she took a 4 & 2 year old).

Sorry for rambling on. Hope some of that makes some sense
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi sarah, I stayed in the Peisey chalets last April ( Renard I think it was called ) with my 4 year old son. It really is an excellent set up there, as the chalets are centred around the nursery and the building that they use for snow club. The chalet i stayed in was fairly well appointed with pretty good levels of space in the bedroom/bathroom also had a sauna and hot-tub !! The only slight downside was the number of steps up to the 'road' level, but once you're up there, everything ie shops, ski school meeting place, chairlift - is incredibly convienient....if you have any more specific questions, just let me know...
I've just finalised a booking to La Rosiere for w/c 23rd March on the back of lots of positive stuff about the Esprit set up there as well.....
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
sarah, hello- we have been with Esprit to

1. Chamonix- although I love Chamonix Th eEsprit place is a bit tricky, when we weere there - no hot water (this was several years back) but more improotanatly whiilst Chamonix does have some of the best skiing in the world it is tricky with kids that need picking up on time. The best skiing is several km up th evalley by rather erratic buses (I love them myself) but if you are in a hurry to pick up this is stressful- unless you just love skiing in Chamonix.

2. Peisey- very very nice Chalets with hot tubs, big rooms etc. Very convenient to slopes / pick ups (just across the road)

3. Les Arcs- OK chalet apartments (nothingh like as good as Peisey) quite conveient pick ups (100-150m down road)

4. Le Rossiere- excellent chalet (Camelia- with outstanding Chalet staff). Could get to nursery slopes by jumping out of Chalet window.

Kids love the staff.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
joelovessnow, thanks for that, good tip about Evo 2 if going independently too. You say they advise against their bigger resorts, which are Esprit's bigger resorts? The ones with the most accomm? I am leaning towards Peisey and Belle Plagne after all the positive stuff people say, although I think that in both these resorts they use the ESF. It's a balance between a good resort, good accomm and convenience weighed up against the skis school, I am not writing off the ESF but I'd rather have one of the others.
Timberwolf, thanks, the Peisey chalets do look good and very convenient and I knew about the steps and the advice to stay in the top chalet there if poss.
edsilva, thanks, I'm with you on Chamonix, not convenient with kids! Peisey like everyone else seems to be saying. Les Arcs, are the chalets not very nice then? The big plus for us there is they have swimming pools. La Rosiere sounds good and they use Evo 2 there AFAIK but then I think La Rosiere is one of Esprit's bigger resorts and that's what joelovessnow says that Esprit's own staff advise against. In fact I did hear something last year about 100(ok maybe not quite!) Spritelets in La Rosiere one week last season Shocked
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
sarah, Hello Yes the resorts with the most accomodation La Rosiere in particular, but as I said we don't have any personal experience.
Les Arcs pool is shared between alot of other chalets and we found the children are just as happy with a hot tub.
With regard to the ESF if you are going after the 8th March then as the school holidays are over for French and english, lessons should be quieter and Esprit do send out a "ranger" so at least the kids have a friendly face with them?
We stayed away from package ski holidays before we had children but I am a bit nervous going back to an independant trip this year - might be back with Esprit for next year!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
joelovessnow, thanks again, yes we will wait until after the 8th March to avoid the french hols. I had forgotten that Esprit send a minder with the kids! That makes a difference.
We're like you, didn't really do package ski hols before kids, but now I want the family operator package option because I want our son to have other kids around to play with. We still do DIY if we are travelling with other families as we have company on tap.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
sarah, Best of luck - let us know how you get on. We are taking the whole family this year (grandparents and cousins etc.) so agree about the company thing but would be good to hear about other options for next year when we are thinking of leaving our two youngest and doing a late book just the 6 yr old (the 2yr old doesn't understand why he can't ski too)
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We have stayed at the Chalet Andre in Val d'Isere and twice at the Alba in Meribel with Esprit. Personally, I can't fault the Alba - excellent staff, 1st class food, comfortable rooms and an excellent position at the Rond Point which is only 20m from the slopes. From here you have the entire 3 valleys to explore. I would recommend Esprit to anyone and have not come across any guest who were not happy with theor holiday.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy