Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Back from La Plagne

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I am from Hong Kong. My husband and I had back from a ski trip at La Plagne France; we stayed there from 18 Jan to 25 Jan. As we never ski at Europe, we finally picked the Club Med La Plagne, which is all inclusive and convenient to newcomer like us. We had a wonderful ski experience at La Plagne, a beautiful resort, friendly hotel and good food; I cannot forget the tasty le fromago and French bread. We ski 6 days there, with ESF ski instructor for 5 full days. The English speaking instructor was good and patient. Our ski team with around 8 adults from different countries, and with a lot fun. Though We ski many blue pistes, we still remained at the La Plagne and had not reach Les Arc and Peisey, not even tried the Vanoise Express. Anyway, we just had 6 days, we almost went through all the blue runs of La Plagne. The most impressive experience was on the Friday, 23 Jan, our fifth day skiing, it was windy with heavy snow and poor visibility. At the morning of 23, almost all the team members had joined the group and ski around the resort. However, it was very unlucky that one of the lady member was seriously hurt her knee when she skied down from the red piste. I guessed it was because the heavy snow, poor visibility and on that red piste she get hurt was the only red run we tried for the whole trip. The poor lady finally required the assistance of rescue, so the whole team was waiting the rescue coming under the heavy snow and almost everyone was frozen and wet after the morning skiing. At that afternoon, only 3 brave-hearts (2 English gentlemen and I ) dared to ski again. When we went to the mountain top, OMG, it seemed nobody ski and I cannot see the other ski teams. I thought I might be make a wrong decision this time, I follow a crazy instructor, he seemed so enjoy to ski under heavy snow and poor visibility. Then 3 silly brave-hearts follow a crazy instructor ski down from the mountain. Because the poor visibility, I followed the instructor closely otherwise I might lose my way down. I just concentrated and told myself I must go down from the slope because many meaningful things waiting me to do. This worked very well, when I went down the slope with the ski instructor, one of the English brave-heart told me he almost cannot follow us. I am a nervous and cannot believe that I can ski under bad weather condition. I am very excite and happy with such a wonderful ski experience. Even now, I am still thinking skiing, skiing,… Very Happy Very Happy

Click below to view photos
http://picasaweb.google.com/rosehips18/SkiLaPlagneJan2009#
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
cm-student wrote:
We had a wonderful ski experience at La Plagne, a beautiful resort, #

That is interesting as from what I've heard La Plagne and beautiful aren't normally associated. I thought there was a lot of ugly architecture.

Glad to hear you had a good holiday though! snowHead
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
cm-student, sounds like you made very good progress, especially managing to ski in such difficult conditions.

Quote:

Even now, I am still thinking skiing, skiing,…

Ah! Join the ranks of the ski-addicted. snowHead snowHead snowHead

Christopher, there might be some ugly architecture, but mountains are always beautiful and there are some attractive villages around, a bit lower down. I think cm-student was referring to the entire experience at La Plagne, not just the buildings!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
cm-student, nice report and lovely photos Smile
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi Pam w,
As you said, this time I made a good progress, especially my confidence to ski. You know, on the completion of fifth day (23 Jan)skiing, my ski instructor told me that " You are brave today". I must admit that I am used to be a nervous skier, I learn a lot in this trip to La Plagne and enjoy it very much. I'll return to the Alps next year and sure, I've join the ranks of the ski-addicted.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Christopher, Yeah it's as ugly as sin and the pistes are a bit featureless. Some good off-piste though.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

ugly as sin

Can't say I noticed. Been there twice and the blues are fantastic.
cm-student,

So glad you enjoyed your holiday so much and shared it with us.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Christopher, Plagne Bellecote and Centre aren't exactly fetching, but Plagne Villages and Belle Plagne are lovely. And then you have the scenery...
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just back from belle plagne.

wow, what a sensational week. a few issues and concerns but nothing to spoil an amazing weeks skiing for me.

after years of visiting la plagne finally got my derriere over to the glacier and WWOOWW thoroughly tested myself on that black mogul descent - yet my nipper took half the time!

would pay to get back there alone for one day if i could.

mint, as they say.

legs, dead as i live and breath.

the weeks temperature ranged -11 at night in resort to -22 on the glacier and enjoyed almost every moment i was sober!!!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
gonwitdeewind, glad you enjoyed it, despite the snowboarders...
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Specialman, ... it was great for that reason also. I dont recall any snowboarders blocking the routes on the glacier - probably because it was mighty cold to sit around!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy