Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is there such a thing as a quality cheap last minute deal

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all
I know it probably doesn't exist,
we weren't planning to ski this year in fact we haven't been for the last three years mainly due to the cost, we could have gone but even in Europe when you include ski hire and passes you can look at £2000 for two and we had other things to spend the money on. We would love to go this year but it would need to be a good quality hotel and nice village etc as I can't stay in hovels. Is there anywhere to look to get last minute deal that's decent quality as I suppose last minute is the way to get the best deal is it not? Which websites etc I really fancy the Dolomites but the euro is putting me off also Canada for 14 nights would be good I fancy Big White but can never find any half decent deals. I maybe just have to accept that skiing is a dear do and that's that! Thanks for listening any advice appreciated.

Andy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
andyarmitage, try www.ski.com. Went with them in december and the service was amazing. They only operate in Val 'Isere (which is having epic snow this year) and are the main chalet company in Val for UK travellers.

At the moments they're doing any chalet, any date, any type of room for £599 – they have some pucka chalets - so that's £1200 for the both of you with £170 on top for the lift pass each. Yes it'll be close to £2000 but you'll have some of the best conditions you'll ever see.

If that doesn't float your boat, then have a look on www.crystalski.co.uk (they have loads of good deals at the moment, Neilson or check on somewhere like www.ifyouski.com - I've found 3/4 star BB and chalet holidays for well under £500 with flights and transfers.

Skiing and boarding are dear in terms of eating out etc, but if you get a good deal on a chalet, then you don't really end up spending that much. Me and the missus did our week with YSE for under £1500 and that included a few nights on the lash, meals out, airport parking and lift passes - it can be done Smile
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Specialman, thanks for that we have never done a chalet and would probably not be keen, I am sure most people would be great but there's always one isn't there Very Happy France is somewhere we just don't fancy as we read that it's overly priced etc and is it Val that has runs that are far more difficult that their grading? Linda is a confidence skier and after not having been for a few years she will be very nervous Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
next week??

We're empty............ deal to be done!

But there again......... it's France!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
how about 1st-7th march in nassfeld for £220?

flights are about £50 return at the moment
lift pass is £150

transfers are £65 return.

i know people who have been to the chalet and say the food and hospitality is excellent : -)

plus Nassfeld is DIRT cheap for beer and food on the mountain. and you can ski to italy for a pizza (hurrah!)

sarah

you can pm me for more details if you like...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
andyarmitage, try www.bookableski.co.uk we got £331each for 8 people catered, flights transfers etc!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Wow thanks for all the links I will have a look later on Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
skiamis and yseski both have good late deals on at the moment
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
andyarmitage, There's also www.igluski.com .
Quote:

thanks for that we have never done a chalet and would probably not be keen, I am sure most people would be great but there's always one isn't there

I've been to several chalets and it's only once that some others in the chalet spoilt the holiday.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I just registerd and was reading your post with interest, Skiing can be costyl, But there are bargains if you look around.
I have been advertising 7 nights apartment ( Not a hovel by the way ) , with ski pass, equipment rental, and car rental for € 499 on the 28th Feb or in March - flights were 5 pounds RETURN recently and that includes the tax !
Second idea is buy a timeshare - mine cost 1500 pounds for the New year week, 1 Bedroom Apartment/sleeps 4 in a 4 star hotel , 7 years down the road I have no regrets- especially as I sold the week for the last 2 New Years for in Excess of 1000 pounds .
Many "in" resorts will cost you the earth , its just a name really, I have skied in Courcheval and found it expensive and overated. Research some of the resorts not is the tour op brochures, if you need advise get in touch.

Razz
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
and do you get to choose the other guests in a hotel?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
andyarmitage wrote:
Hi all
I know it probably doesn't exist,
we weren't planning to ski this year in fact we haven't been for the last three years mainly due to the cost, we could have gone but even in Europe when you include ski hire and passes you can look at £2000 for two and we had other things to spend the money on. We would love to go this year but it would need to be a good quality hotel and nice village etc as I can't stay in hovels. Is there anywhere to look to get last minute deal that's decent quality as I suppose last minute is the way to get the best deal is it not? Which websites etc I really fancy the Dolomites but the euro is putting me off also Canada for 14 nights would be good I fancy Big White but can never find any half decent deals. I maybe just have to accept that skiing is a dear do and that's that! Thanks for listening any advice appreciated.

Andy

do a diy - fly ryan air to milan bergamo and you can get a bus to the dolomites (Val Gardena) around 30 euros return from the airport (they run fri,sat, sun and monday Terravision is the bus company takes you right to ortisei, santa christina or selva and you can book accomodation with www.valgardena.it net i have done this a couple of times and when you are a family of 5 it can be quite a saving
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Forgot to say you can not beat the dolomites, the scenery is absolutely amazing, just wish i was going this year but i am going to chamonix which i do not think i will enjoy as much
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Nads, sounds intriguing... where did you get such a good deal? pm me if you prefer
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I booked Kitzbuhel fully catered chalet 2 adults 1 child 6 x 1/2 day childcare £850 all in through thomsons Very Happy £400 for alpen star lift passes and say £400 spending thats £1650 for the 14th march happy days snowHead
latest report
andyarmitage, There are certainly still some good late deals around.

It is often best to go for the Travel Operator sites directly, rather than using Igluski etal. It is more sites to look at, but you do get that little bit more up to date information.

Try www.thomascook.com (Nielson, Airtours or Panorama branded holidays), or www.crystalski.co.uk.

I recently booked a half board single room in what looks like a good hotel in the Ski Welt area for £375 for 21st March (with flight from Manchester), and lift passes there will be €154 for 6 days, so that is only just over £500 (not sure about ski hire costs there, I have my own). For two of you, it may well be possible to find a cheaper deal per person, as the TOs are mainly geared up for 2 person trips.

I've just checked, and the same hotel (Blattlhof in Ellmau with Neilson) is available for that week for £336 per person for two sharing a twin room. So that would be no more than about £1200 total for the two of you, by the time you include lift passes and equipment hire.
ski holidays
Don't forget to look on resort websites as well - is straightforward to book direct with local agents and you are often cutting out middlemen commission

Just booked an apartment for 5 including liftpasses for £1400 - adding on my other costs of ski hire, travel, food etc that's a weeks skiing for 5 for around £2000. Not bad IMV.

Could have been even cheaper, but I did book an apartment which sleeps 10 - which experience tells me will be ok for half that many!
ski holidays
Hi Ski Finder

Price based on 4 sharing apartment was as follows
2 bedroom apartment 7 nights € 200 P.P. including tourist tax, end cleaning and bed sheets and towels
6 Day Lift pass adult € 176
6 Day ski/boot rental ( 4 star ) € 95 ( extra for V.I.P.)
Quarter share of 1 Wk car rental€ 37 picking up Salzburg airport with winter tyres and full insurance ( from 21 Years of age )
Total € 508
less bit of / even more discount € 499
Kids ski pass free
Flights were ( last week) 5 pounds RETURN with Ryan air inc tax.
Free Sauna Hot tub internet access and loads of in resort advice free of charge.
Optional horse sleigh ride with traditional meal € 25

So there are bargains around. Razz
ski holidays
Nads, I was more interested in the timeshare you bought.... where was it from?
latest report
Just got a crappy apartment in Val Claret, Tignes in a fortnights time for £289 - came to £304 with booking fee etc. For a budget trip flying via Chambery airport it aint bad.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy