Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

marketing or mistake?

Poster: A snowHead
Went through the Inghams online booking for a trip to Canada the other day but I got to the final part with the total cost and realized I had to put some more cash on the credit card to cover it in full so I didn't put any payment details in although I did fill out the address. Today I received an e-ticket itinerary and all the tickets for lift passes and ski hire. I've paid nothing and left no payment details, nor does it seem to require any from me...is this marketing or has it somehow been booked as if it has I presume it was at the original price before it shot up which I could afford. Am I liable to pay?, do they think I've paid?....I'm confused.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Wait it out dude, as soon as you get those flight tickets, you're in. Nice one.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
As SMALLZOOKEEPER, says wait it out and grap those flights, you lucky person Madeye-Smiley

Just hope when you get there they havent given your accommodation to someone else Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
In my experience, there's no such thing as a free lunch. And definitely not a free holiday. Inghams will soon realise and a) expect you to cough up or b) sell the holiday to someone else. I'd be gobsmacked if not...
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ollski, telephone them and ask. Seems simple to me. Assuming, that is, you're not a thief. Little Angel
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
lol not a thief pam but also never look a gift horse in the mouth!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ollski, stay with that gift horse...you could always ring them on a different pretext - when will they send the tickets or something similar - and see if, when they look up your booking, they tell you that you still need to pay. If not.... Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ring them and tell you realise they have made a mistake, but you have since found a better deal, so ask for some discount.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ollski wrote:
Am I liable to pay?, do they think I've paid?....I'm confused.

Sadly you are liable to pay. You are relying on them not noticing, which is pretty unlikely. Even if they don't notice until months (maybe years) after your return, you will still be liable.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Lorenzo,
Quote:

Even if they don't notice until months (maybe years) after your return, you will still be liable.

Even so, for the time being the money is better in your bank account than theirs! I'd follow vetski@s plan, and if / when they ask you to cough up just make sure it's the price as at the day you "booked". Just play innocent and make out you thought you had paid at that time and as you got all the confirmations etc no reason to think otherwise, so the least they can do is honour the original price.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Alas the problem is slighty more than that as I booked up to go to the crystal hotel in obergurgl yesterday and paid in full with the money which was going to pay for Banff and for the same week. cant pay for both.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
How about selling the Banff hoiliday to another punter? Grab the moeny and run. Live like a king in Obergrugl.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I'm pretty sure that unless you have paid at least a deposit for the Banff holiday, there is no booking. You didn't enter any card details, they don't have any of your money and no means of claiming it unless you actually took the holiday. They may contact you asking to pay and confirm the booking at which point you simply say you found a better deal elsewhere...
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ollski wrote:
Alas the problem is slighty more than that as I booked up to go to the crystal hotel in obergurgl yesterday and paid in full with the money which was going to pay for Banff and for the same week. cant pay for both.

In that case you might as well call them and say it's a mistake and you haven't booked anything with them. I can't see how you would be liable if you didn't enter any payment details on their website.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I came clean, all cancelled and paperwork ripped up and thrown away. Was advised by a mate, who is a senior manager at co-op, that the chances of a freebie were 0% at best and I didn't fancy losing obergurgl trip to turn up at heathrow to pick up tickets which didn't exsist. Nice flight of fancy though. Little Angel
ski holidays
ollski, Probably the best thing to have done. You would only be stressing if you tried to risk it. I would have like to seen you get away with a free trip but you have done the right thing. You would just be looking over your shoulder the whole time if you did risk it.
latest report
Quote:

a gift horse

but it wasn't a gift horse. wink Have a great time in Obergurgl. snowHead
snow conditions
i know of somebody who had a simular experience with an mbna payment, went on a 5k honeymoon and still haven't paid for it, that was nearly 2 years ago! of course i would have been honest and informed the creit card company rolling eyes
ski holidays
My parents have been receiving a particular (expensive) magazine every month without fail for the last 15 years...
You'd think that when renewal times come around each year someone would notice, but no....

So chances of a freebie certainly are above 0%.....
snow report
ollski wrote:
lol not a thief pam but also never look a gift horse in the mouth!

Obtaining services dishonestly

Quote:
..................a statutory offence to obtain services dishonestly; meaning that services which were to be paid for were obtained with the knowledge or intention that no payment would be made. A person found guilty of this will be liable to a fine or imprisonment for up to twelve months on summary conviction (six months in Northern Ireland), or a fine or imprisonment for up to five years on conviction on indictment.
snow report
Reading through the link would seem to imply that most of our politicians should be in the clink !
snow conditions
I knew someone who in the past had 7 years of free heating. His house had never been listed as being connected for gas so there were no bills Shocked
snow report
Whereas several years ago I lived in a rented flat with no gas supply, only electricity. However, I used to receive gas bills! What was more bizarre was that they were in my name even though I had not registered for gas as there was no gas supply! It went on for months with an array of bills for quite sizeable amounts, letters threatening bailiffs, etc. In the end I finally got through to someone with a brain cell via their dreadful call centre and invited them to come round and cut off my gas supply. They came round and discovered I had no gas supply, and that the property had never had a gas supply. Then three weeks later I received a letter stating I was still liable to pay for the gas I had used...

I gave up and moved. The poor landlady is probably still arguing with npower...
snow conditions
well done for your honesty BUT i think inghams should have offered you a small discount for your honesty
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy