Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Video of Avalung-equipped skier in burial

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
From www.telemarktips.com

Telemark Tips wrote:
1/16-- BD has some amazing video footage of an Avalung-equipped skier getting caught and buried in a slide, then breathing through his Avalung under the snow while waiting to be dug out, and with his helmet cam running the whole time. They've turned it into a commercial for their Avalung, natch, and who can blame them? Afterall, it's some of the most compelling footage I've ever seen, and if you can watch this and still pass on the Avalung on those days you are beeping, well, you've got something going on that Big Tim and I don't have these days...

Trust me, you don't want to miss this... check out the 5 minute or so video here: www.bdel.com/landing_pages/F07/avalung_landing.php

Well worth checking out. Thought provoking stuff.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Scary. His breathing rate was very high - so much for trying to stay calm and conserve what oxygen you have. Impossible to do in that kind of situation I'd guess.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Jeez that's quite freaked me out. Amazing bit of footage. Must be the scariest sight on earth to see the snow pack crack and move beneath your feet like that Shocked

rob@rar, Further down the page it said he was struggling to breathe due to the amount of snow jammed down his throat, that might account for the breathing rate? As well as the fear obviously.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I daren't watch it! Shocked Embarassed
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
do you think the acclerated breathing rate is something to do with the fact that the film is speeded up . 4 mins of footage in 2 mins of real time !!!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hurtle, If you can't face the buried bit, then watch the first few seconds - just for the rare view of the cracks and slippage. Then stop watching when the time comes up showing the amount of time trapped. Nothing too disturbing up to that point. Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
backhojo, Well spotted... Embarassed
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
backhojo - the early bit is real time - I'm pretty sure that the breathing's the breathing.

I've had the misfortune to hyper-ventilate once - I paniced when I fell in the water while white water rafting - it was just like that. Not a pleasant.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Beyond scary, but it was quite wonderful at the end when you could hear voices getting louder and then his webcam shows the snow being dug off and eventually views of his rescuers. I'd always thought Avalungs and airbags came together, but he didn't seem to have an airbag.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Wow that was rather intense!! My heart was thumping and i was just watching it. Shocked
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
RachelQ wrote:
Beyond scary, but it was quite wonderful at the end when you could hear voices getting louder and then his webcam shows the snow being dug off and eventually views of his rescuers. I'd always thought Avalungs and airbags came together, but he didn't seem to have an airbag.

It's one or the other at the mo unless you wear an ABS pack and an original avalung at the same time. ABS packs are much more expensive than Avalungs.. in the region of 6-7 times more.

Black Diamond are apparently launching thier version of an ABS pack for next season also equiped with Avalung, should be interesting
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy